Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bio and DNA computers

1. Oct 14, 2003 #1
    I’m interested in current state and progress_point of research in field of using DNA and other Bio materials in developing informational systems (or applying it in some areas/ researches of IT).

There’s lot’s of talking going on involving this subject, but no real information. Using google to search I found nothing but useless links and outdated sites. Is there some mainstream in this research , what is the main idea/mechanism of using DNA in developing, let’s say, CPU’s or memories (what are results of this res., current models, working prototypes) .
    Not only DNA, I remember few years ago I’ve read something about using some fluorescent bacteria in developing high capacity memory banks.

Let’s talk about this... posting interesting and usable links wouldn’t be bad :).

Greets
    Siniša

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2003 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good point, I am information deprived too on this subject.. did you try looking through some pop-science journals? Or even Science or Nature? I guess those are the places to look..

4. Oct 14, 2003 #3

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I did a quick search in Web of Science for articles on the topic of "DNA Computer", and of the 3 pages that came up, only one seemed to be relevent and have an abstract:

Progress in DNA computer
    Chen WC, Chen ZH, Qui HX, Wang ZQ
    PROGRESS IN BIOCHEMISTRY AND BIOPHYSICS
    28 (2): 156-159 APR 2001

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?