Bistatic Radar: Seeking Assistance with MATLAB Design

In summary, the conversation is about a person's final year project on bistatic radar and their use of MATLAB software. They have encountered a problem with assuming bistatic RCS and are seeking help in this area. They also mention needing help with determining the method for determining RCS and the shape of the object being simulated.
kunamaneni
hi, I'm working on bistatic radar as part of my final year project.
i'm using MATLAB software to implement my design and have a small problem in assuming bistatic RCS.. i got the formula from a book but the derivation was omited.
any help in this area or anything related to bistatic radar would be welcomed..
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey... Why don't you be a little more specific... your being a bit general... As in.. what area are you finding a problem in?

the thinker is right. I understand that you are trying to simulate something.
first of all, is there any method declared to determine rcs (simply numerical or analytical method) or any shape (sphere, cylinder...). also there are many questions but i hope that these will be help you to specify your project.

1. What is bistatic radar?

Bistatic radar is a type of radar system that uses separate transmitting and receiving stations, unlike traditional monostatic radar which uses a single station for both transmitting and receiving signals. The transmitting and receiving stations can be located at different locations, known as the bistatic geometry.

2. How does bistatic radar work?

In bistatic radar, the transmitting station sends out a signal towards the target, while the receiving station listens for the echo of the signal bouncing off the target. The time delay and frequency shift of the echo signal can be used to determine the location and velocity of the target.

3. What are the advantages of bistatic radar?

One advantage of bistatic radar is that it can provide increased surveillance coverage compared to monostatic radar. It is also less susceptible to jamming and can potentially have better target discrimination capabilities.

4. How can MATLAB be used to design bistatic radar systems?

MATLAB is a powerful software tool that can be used for designing and simulating bistatic radar systems. It provides a wide range of functions and tools for signal processing, antenna design, and system simulation, making it a useful tool for designing and testing bistatic radar systems.

5. Are there any resources available for assistance with MATLAB design for bistatic radar?

Yes, there are many online resources available for assistance with MATLAB design for bistatic radar. These include tutorials, forums, and online communities where experts and other users can provide guidance and support. Additionally, there are also books and research papers that discuss the use of MATLAB for bistatic radar design.