What Are Some Good Calculus Books with Solved Exercises?

In summary, the conversation is about finding good books on Calculus with solved exercises. Some recommendations include the (really) old Schaum's Outline series, the book "Counterexamples in Analysis" by Gelbaum and Olmstead, the REA Problem Solver series, and "The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems: For People Who Don't Speak Math."
FunMath
Hello,

I haven't been able to find a good book.

Could you please suggest some good books with solved exercises on Calculus (starting from limits, etc..)?

Physics news on Phys.org
the (really) old schaums outline series used to be pretty good, but the newer ones may not be as good. if you want a really good book of non trivial solved problems, look at the book "counterexamples in analysis" by gelbaum and olmstead.

thank you mathwonk for your suggestion, the book looks interesting.

anyway i think i need an exercise (step-by-step) book, more than a counterexamples one.

thanks.

You might want to try the REA Problem Solver series or the Schaum's Solved problems series.

What about: The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems: For People Who Don't Speak Math? That's exactly what that book is a huge collection of problems solved, step by step.

MathWarrior said:
What about: The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems: For People Who Don't Speak Math? That's exactly what that book is a huge collection of problems solved, step by step.

Thank you, I will check it out.
any more suggestions are welcome :)

Related to What Are Some Good Calculus Books with Solved Exercises?

1. What is the purpose of books with calculus solved exercises?

Books with calculus solved exercises are designed to help students practice and reinforce their understanding of calculus concepts. These books typically contain a variety of problems with detailed solutions, allowing students to check their work and learn from their mistakes.

2. Are these books suitable for beginners?

Yes, books with calculus solved exercises can be helpful for both beginners and advanced students. They often include a range of difficulty levels and allow students to progress at their own pace.

3. Can these books be used as a substitute for a calculus textbook?

No, books with calculus solved exercises are typically meant to supplement a textbook. While they may provide explanations and examples, they do not cover the full range of material that a traditional textbook would.

4. Can these books help improve my calculus skills?

Yes, regularly practicing with books that contain solved calculus exercises can improve your understanding and problem-solving skills in calculus. By working through a variety of problems and seeing how they are solved, you can develop a deeper understanding of the subject.

5. Are there any online resources available for calculus exercises?

Yes, there are many online resources such as websites, apps, and videos that offer calculus problems with solutions. These can be helpful for those who prefer a digital format or want access to a larger variety of exercises.