Calculate the force exerted on the handle of a wheelbarrow

  • Thread starter Thread starter flin8812
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 13K views
flin8812
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



The total weight of a wheel barrow filled with gravel=240N
Wheelbarrow held on an 18 degree incline
Other dimensions are given as in the figure provided.

Homework Equations


Assuming that the wheelbarrow is at static equilibrium,

The Attempt at a Solution



my attempt of part(a) was to have the total moment=0
where F represents the uplifting force

Mc=([tex]\overline{CB}[/tex])(F)-(rxFy)(ryFx)

= [tex]\sqrt{1.01^2+0.8^2}[/tex](0.2*240cos15)+(0.58*240sin18)

=0
but I don't know what to do next...
 
Attachments
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,723
Physics news on Phys.org
Try to calculate:
[tex]\sum x=0[/tex]
[tex]\sum y=0[/tex]
[tex]\sum M=0[/tex]
I sketched some forces on your picture. I would calculate moment around C.
 
Attachments
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,218