Calculating Airway Changes in Dentistry: Using Volume and Distance Measurements

• Thread starter Dr Mohammad
  • Start date
In summary, calculating airway changes in dentistry involves using volume and distance measurements to assess and monitor changes in the airway. This method is often used in orthodontics and other dental procedures to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment and identify potential issues. By carefully measuring the volume and distance of the airway, dentists can make informed decisions and provide better care for their patients. This technique is a valuable tool in the field of dentistry and continues to be refined and improved upon for more accurate and reliable results.
Dr Mohammad
Hello all,

I actually am new in here. I came as I need help finding some info regarding calculation of airway changes !

in brief, Can we find out distance of an object knowing its total volume using Distance= Volume/Surface ?

In the software I have I can actually measure the airway changes volume , ALSO I can set a 0.1mm cut of this and measure its volume ... can I use Total object volume x 0.1/ Volume of 0.1 distance = Distance of total object ? If you know anyone or anyway I can find this I will appreciate your help. Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums!

Thread moved to introductions. Please consider creating a thread (or copy and paste this one) in the General Physics Forum.