Doing Homework: Equations & Solutions

• Thread starter Duc Nguyen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, to solve equations in your homework, remember to follow the order of operations (PEMDAS) and use inverse operations to isolate the variable. Some common mistakes to avoid include forgetting to distribute a negative sign and mixing up the order of operations. To check your solutions, plug them back into the original equation or use a graphing calculator. For more complex equations, break them down into smaller parts or use substitution. To remember equations and formulas, practice and try to understand the concepts behind them. You can also use mnemonic devices or acronyms to help with memorization.
Duc Nguyen
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 14.40.07.png
1. Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 14.40.07.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 14.40.07.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 484
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello duc, welcome to PF. :smile:

Interesting exercise. Is there anything we can do for you ?

If you would like some assistance, please follow the guidelines.

BvU said:
Hello duc, welcome to PF. :smile:

Interesting exercise. Is there anything we can do for you ?

If you would like some assistance, please follow the guidelines.
Hi BvU,

I issued a "no effort" warning earlier. Click view warning on the first post.

Chet

Related to Doing Homework: Equations & Solutions

1. How do I solve equations in my homework?

To solve equations in your homework, you should follow the order of operations - PEMDAS (Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction). First, simplify any parentheses or exponents. Then, work from left to right, performing multiplication and division before addition and subtraction. You can also use inverse operations to isolate the variable on one side of the equation.

2. What are the most common mistakes in solving equations?

Some common mistakes in solving equations include forgetting to distribute a negative sign, mixing up the order of operations, and making arithmetic errors. It's important to double check your work and use a calculator when needed to avoid these mistakes.

3. How can I check my solutions to make sure they are correct?

To check your solutions, simply plug them back into the original equation and see if they make the equation true. You can also use a graphing calculator to graph the equation and your solution to visually check for accuracy.

4. How can I approach more complex equations in my homework?

For more complex equations, it's helpful to break them down into smaller parts and solve for each part separately. You can also use substitution, where you assign a variable to a part of the equation and solve for it, before plugging it back into the original equation.

5. What are some tips for remembering equations and formulas?

Practice is key when it comes to remembering equations and formulas. Write them down multiple times, use flashcards, and try to understand the concepts behind the equations rather than just memorizing them. You can also create mnemonic devices or acronyms to help you remember them.