Can a Custom Radial Fan Lift a Human-Transporting VTOL Drone?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
marcoravelli
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
due to a design issue I'm trying to figur out whether i can get enough thrust to lift a 150-200 kg
using some costume made radial fan instead of the usual propellers for a little vtol drone I'm willing to produce.
any comment will be much appreciate.
Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
marcoravelli said:
due to a design issue I'm trying to figur out whether i can get enough thrust to lift a 150-200 kg
using some costume made radial fan instead of the usual propellers for a little vtol drone I'm willing to produce.
any comment will be much appreciate.
Thanks.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What kind of loads will this drone be carrying?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: marcoravelli
marcoravelli said:
it is ment to be a human transport
I was afraid of that. For liability reasons, we won't be able to help you with this project. Thread is closed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: marcoravelli