Can a Non-Engineer Fall in Love with Physics and Win a Nobel Prize?

• Thread starter Jediknight
  • Start date
In summary, the person has made previous posts on this platform and is excited about sharing their thoughts and experiences. They are passionate about their work as a scientist and see this platform as a way to advance scientific understanding. They have been a member for a few months and have found it to be a great place to connect with other scientists. Their previous posts have covered various topics related to their field of study. Through their posts, they hope to engage in discussions with other scientists and share accurate scientific information with the general public.
Jediknight
I'm me, I am in what my quarter system 2 year school calls Phys 202 (engineering physics with calculus 2nd quarter)

I AM NOT AN ENGINEER everyone in my classes is, everyones good with computers, I am not. I want to get into reaserch science eventually and win a nobel prize. My heart was set on chemistry but I am slowly falling in love with physics. (despite my hatred for our only availiable 200 level professor, who's tenured and untouchable and doesn't teach)

I don't know where my H.W. questions belong, but I figure since I'm currently at a two year its probably introductory

PERSONAL NOTE, I really want to see velocity slow down an atomic clock, its the only thing that makes no sense so far, yes I believe it, yes I will learn how to do calculations based on it but I REALLY want to see proof light can't exceed c(0) and proof velocities near a fraction of this alter time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Jediknight said:
PERSONAL NOTE, I really want to see velocity slow down an atomic clock, its the only thing that makes no sense so far, yes I believe it, yes I will learn how to do calculations based on it but I REALLY want to see proof light can't exceed c(0) and proof velocities near a fraction of this alter time.
Hi Jediknight, and welcome to PF!

Head to this website: http://www.edu-observatory.org/physics-faq/Relativity/SR/experiments.html for experimental basis of SR.

Thank You, I'm really ecstatic to find this place, I already found a simple harmonic problem that I want to work out for practice (even though op had seemed to figure it out-the unanswered threads seem above me, which is something I don't often see. See, in my personal life I'm in the burn-out crowd, so the only members of acdemia I really get to accociate with are in my classes, trying to learn the same stuff I am with considerably less passion)

anyways I'm rambling, but bacically I'm so deprived from educated socialization I annoy doctors and stuff cause I know they mustve been through all this-even if they don't remember. not like with HW questions, but just theory and what's exiting me and how it was like for them

I'm rambling again- long post short I'm stoked to run into this forum on a level most of you (immersed in family and friends who aren't spending all there time and passion paying bills or making an attempt at forgetting they have to) just can't understand

Bandersnatch said:

Head to this website: http://www.edu-observatory.org/physics-faq/Relativity/SR/experiments.html for experimental basis of SR.
Thank you, I can't spend to much time looking into proof cause my test is going to be based on quickly accepting it as fact and doing calculation based on such, plus relativity is only one of three chapters on it , along with gravity and simple harmonic motion, but I will check it out when I get time and now I know its here when I need it!

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Jediknight said:

Check out the good old Hafele-Keating experiment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele–Keating_experiment

Bandersnatch said:

PeroK said:
Check out the good old Hafele-Keating experiment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele–Keating_experiment
I've heard of it in my textbook, I reaqlly didn't want my "personal note" to dominate this thread. another dream of mine would be to go into space to proove Earth is a shpere, I obviously believe for all practical intents these things are true. But inside me lies a conspiracy theorist who says "what if its all made up" so I'd like to BE in the plane and step out and see the clocks off.

Please don't take me for a nut, I evaluate things based on evidence and its obvious the textbooks are right, I just question everything and wanted to portray that part of my personality to you guys. I hope that makes sense

Related to Can a Non-Engineer Fall in Love with Physics and Win a Nobel Prize?

1. Why is this not your first post?

I have been excited about sharing my thoughts and experiences on this platform, so I have made previous posts before this one.

2. What made you excited to post on this platform?

I am passionate about my work as a scientist and I believe that sharing my knowledge and insights with others can help advance scientific understanding and progress.

3. How long have you been a member of this platform?

I have been a member of this platform for a few months now and I have found it to be a great place to connect with other scientists and share ideas.

4. Can you tell us about your previous posts?

My previous posts have covered a variety of topics related to my field of study, including recent research findings, my own experiments and observations, and discussions on current scientific debates and issues.

5. What do you hope to achieve through your posts on this platform?

I hope to engage in meaningful discussions with other scientists and individuals who are interested in science, and to contribute to the dissemination of accurate and reliable scientific information to the general public.