Can anyone help me with. (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Can anyone help me with..........

Can someone please help me with interaction forces. I am completely stumped about this its making :mad: me really mad!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Thanks

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
bubbleeyes said:
Can someone please help me with interaction forces. I am completely stumped about this its making :mad: me really mad!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Thanks
You cannot expect to receive any kind of meaningful help when you are THIS vague. Be specific. If this is a question regarding school work, please use the Homework, Coursework, & Textbook Questions forum. Take note of the rules for that forum before posting.

Zz.

I just dont get the concept of the whole thing.
Question:
A pulley and ramp are frictionless and the black is in static equilibrium. What is the mass of the block? If the degree is 35 and has 20 kg

russ_watters

Mentor
Draw a free body diagram (similar to the triangle of the ramp...) Use trigonometry to find the forces (you have one leg of the triangle already, and all the angles....).

bubbleeyes said:
A pulley and ramp are frictionless and the black is in static equilibrium.
When they say the system is in equilibrium, they're saying that the net force is zero: that is, all the forces cancel each other.

Since it's a static equilibrium, the block and anything else being affected by forces in the system is stationary.

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving