1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can anyone help me with.

1. Feb 2, 2006 #1
    Can anyone help me with..........

Can someone please help me with interaction forces. I am completely stumped about this its making :mad: me really mad!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2006 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You cannot expect to receive any kind of meaningful help when you are THIS vague. Be specific. If this is a question regarding school work, please use the Homework, Coursework, & Textbook Questions forum. Take note of the rules for that forum before posting.

Zz.

4. Feb 2, 2006 #3
    I just dont get the concept of the whole thing.
    Question:
    A pulley and ramp are frictionless and the black is in static equilibrium. What is the mass of the block? If the degree is 35 and has 20 kg

5. Feb 2, 2006 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Draw a free body diagram (similar to the triangle of the ramp...) Use trigonometry to find the forces (you have one leg of the triangle already, and all the angles....).

6. Feb 3, 2006 #5
    When they say the system is in equilibrium, they're saying that the net force is zero: that is, all the forces cancel each other.

Since it's a static equilibrium, the block and anything else being affected by forces in the system is stationary.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?