Can anyone please suggest me a project topic?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a project topic in the field of astronomy and cosmology at a graduate level. The advisor suggests reading a lot and finding a topic, but the individual is confused about where to start. They are mainly interested in dark energy and detecting advanced civilizations in the stellar neighborhood. The advisor only mentions the area and it is up to the individual to find reading material and a topic, which the advisor will then approve or disapprove. The individual is advised to check the website arxiv.org for the newest papers in the field.
humanist rho
can anyone please suggest me a project topic??

in the field of astronomy & cosmology,graduate level.

Astronomy news on Phys.org

What does your advisor think?

he wants me to read a lot and find a topic.But I'm little confused abt where to start.i started from hubbles obervations and mainly interested in various forms of dark energy.but do not know much about still existing problems in that area

Review and consider the existing means that we can use to detect the presence of advanced civilizations in the general (within 100 ly) stellar neighborhood.

This could be by electromagnetic or chemical means.

First figure out what to look for and then figure out how to look for it.

Last edited:

humanist rho said:
he wants me to read a lot and find a topic.

Did he give you any reading material? If not, why not ask him for a few suggestions?

cristo said:
Did he give you any reading material? If not, why not ask him for a few suggestions?

He just mentions the area.
I'm to find the reading material and topic.
He then approves or disapproves my topic.

try http://arxiv.org/list/astro-ph/new every day the newest papers are on there. Is this just for a course? How much 'work' are you supposed to do? It's pretty hard to find something really small that 'needs to be done' (for the main reason that somebody would have don it by now).

Related to Can anyone please suggest me a project topic?

1. What are some popular project topics in my field?

There are many popular project topics in various fields of science, such as renewable energy, artificial intelligence, climate change, and biomedical research. You can also explore current events and emerging technologies for potential project ideas.

2. How do I choose a project topic?

When choosing a project topic, consider your interests, skills, and available resources. It is also helpful to consult with your mentor or peers for guidance and feedback. Additionally, researching current literature and attending conferences can inspire ideas for potential project topics.

3. Can I modify an existing project topic?

Yes, you can modify an existing project topic to make it more specific or to add your own unique approach. However, make sure to properly credit and cite any sources or previous research that you may use in your modified project.

4. How do I ensure my project topic is feasible?

To ensure your project topic is feasible, consider the time, resources, and expertise required to complete it. Make sure to discuss your project topic with your mentor or peers to get their input and to ensure it aligns with your research goals and objectives.

5. Can I collaborate with others on a project topic?

Yes, collaborating with others on a project topic can bring in diverse perspectives and expertise, making the project more robust. However, make sure to communicate and establish clear roles, responsibilities, and expectations with your collaborators to ensure a successful project.