Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I get some help on latex

1. Aug 15, 2012 #1
    Tired of typing ugly expressions, decided to join the LaTex club.
    Is there a good guide on LaTex specific to this forum, the ones that came up on google were not very helpful.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2012 #2
    It's actually fairly easy, you should be able to figure it out without guides. When you're making a post (not a quick post) you can click the button above the input box labeled with an upper-case Sigma (Ʃ) and it'll bring up an interface for Latex. Browse through the menu a bit and familiarize yourself with some of the formatting options. Click one to insert a Latex tag with the formatting commands all ready for you, and you just have to fill in the blanks.

4. Aug 15, 2012 #3
    Best thing to do is click on the QUOTE button on any post that has the expression you want, and you'll see in the text entry box exactly how they did it. Then you can copy their LaTeX, dismiss the Reply window, and paste the LaTeX into your Edit window and play around with it.

5. Aug 15, 2012 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

6. Aug 16, 2012 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook