Can some admin answer me? My thread was deleted

• Thread starter gushen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the deletion of a post titled "How consciousness propagates through time" without warning or reason. The poster had shared it in two forums, but it was deleted from both. They express frustration with the handling of their thread and question whether the forum operates like a virtual cult. They also inquire about the guidelines that were not met and seek advice on how to proceed with their post. The conversation concludes with a recommendation to send a private message to a mentor for guidance on posting suitable content and the understanding that not all topics may be suitable for the forum.
gushen
My post "How consciousness propagates through time" was deleted without warning or reason. I posted it in two forums. OK, deletting it from one of them is obvious, I shouldn't have posted it on both. But deleting the second seems like political opression. My thread was not formal but it had some nice ideas. I was willing to read all the ideas in the Phylosophy forum but now I'm disgusted of the service held here. If someone could convince me this is not a cult of some kind...because many forums on the NET act the same way. They are virtual cults. If you disrupt their peace then you get banned. BTW, I posted it in the Metaphysics forum.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The staff has concluded that your post did not meet the standards set in our guidelines which you've read and agreed to.

Which guidelines? The ones that apply to the Metaphysics forum or the General rules?

Coul you give me a link. Can't seem to find it.

Whenever a thread is locked or deleted, and you are uncertain why, you can send a Private Message to any of the mentors to ask about the reasons for such actions. Sometimes errors are made and can be resolved via discussion with the staff to clarify things, and other times the post does not fit within our guidelines, and we can explain which guideline is relevant privately so members can avoid making the same mistake again or being embarrassed in public by having their mistake pointed out for all to see. Either way, Private Messages are the appropriate means of resolving such questions.

Thank you. I've read it and have some ideas regarding making my text more "acceptable". I'll even bring some background to it from an article I saw.
After that, how should I proceed? Just post it again for probing? I'm afraid of it because we all know that getting a thread deleted is a bit harsh for the poster. I don't want it to happen again. How can I "probe" my thread? I agree we should have rules and stuff. But someone has to see all the threads (before airing them) to prevent discussions like this.

If you have doubts about the suitability of a topic, or the content of your thread, the best thing to do is send a Private Message to the mentor of the forum to which you intend to submit it and get their opinion on whether it will be suitable (or in this case, whether the changes make it suitable). That way, you spare the trouble of posting and having it deleted or risk of getting a warning. They may be able to recommend what you would need to do to make it allowable too. Of course, some topics just aren't suitable for PF...it doesn't mean they are necessarily bad topics or bad questions to ask, etc., just that this isn't the right forum for them. If that's the case, there just isn't much other solution than to post them someplace else on the internet. We don't pretend to have a place for everything here. :smile: If that happens, I hope you will still find enjoyment of the many topics we do have open for discussion here.

Well, i just thought this was lovely handled by both parts. Usually it ends in unpleasant scenes. I'll try to have the same attitude when i one of my threads is deleted which should be shortly now. :smile:

Shouldn't it be "lovelily handled" instead of "lovely"?

1. Why was my thread deleted?

There could be a few reasons why your thread was deleted. It may have violated the forum's guidelines or policies, contained inappropriate content, or was considered spam. It's best to reach out to an admin for more information.

2. Can I retrieve my deleted thread?

In most cases, once a thread is deleted, it cannot be retrieved. However, you can reach out to an admin and explain the situation. They may be able to provide further assistance.

3. How can I prevent my threads from being deleted?

To prevent your threads from being deleted, make sure to carefully read and follow the forum's guidelines and policies. Avoid posting inappropriate content or spam. Additionally, make sure to contribute to discussions and engage with other forum members in a respectful manner.

4. Can I appeal the deletion of my thread?

Yes, you can reach out to an admin and explain your situation. They may reconsider the deletion of your thread if you provide a valid reason.

5. Who can answer my question about the deleted thread?

An admin is the best person to reach out to regarding a deleted thread. They have the authority to make decisions about thread deletions and can provide more information about the specific reason for your thread's deletion.