Can someone grade my practice test?

• Thread starter MitsuShai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the conversation involves solving an electric field problem with the given values of 0.102m, 9.78*10^7, and 1.56*10^-11. The equation used is 3q/(2d^2)= 8q/(d+x)^2 and the final answer is x= .10197 m. The marks received for the problem were 5/30 for not enough work shown and some errors made early on.
MitsuShai
a) 0.102m
I set the electric fields equal to each other and canceled out the ks:
3q/(2d^2)= 8q/(d+x)^2 and then I solved from there.

b) 9.78*10^7
3q + 8q= 2.2e-5
E= 9e9 (2.2e-5/.045^2)= 9.78e7 N/C

c)1.56*10^-11
F=qE= 9.78e7*1.6e-19= 1.56e-11 N

2.A
3.D
4.D
5. I have no idea how to approach this problem.

Last Page: http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k327/ProtoGirlEXE/lastpg.jpg

6.D
7. I have no idea. Wouldn't it be parallel to both the +x and -x axes?

Attachments

• practicetest-001.jpg
    practicetest-001.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 415
  • practicetest-002.jpg
    practicetest-002.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 406
  • practicetest-003.jpg
    practicetest-003.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 413
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
For problem 1, not enough work was shown and some errors were made early on. You get 5/30 on question 1.

vertigo said:
For problem 1, not enough work was shown and some errors were made early on. You get 5/30 on question 1.

where did I make an error?

3q/(2d)2 = 8q/(d+x)2

sqrt(8q) 2d= sqrt(3q) d+x

.002449 d + .002449x = 3.6e-4

x= .10197 m

The 5 marks were for part c because the method was correct.

vertigo said:
The 5 marks were for part c because the method was correct.

I don't see where I messed up at part a.

nevermind, I got the answers for it.

1. Can someone grade my practice test?

Yes, there are several options for having someone grade your practice test. You can ask a teacher or tutor for help, participate in a study group where members can critique each other's tests, or use online grading services.

2. How accurate are online grading services?

The accuracy of online grading services can vary depending on the specific service you use. Some may use algorithms to grade your test, while others may have human graders. It's important to research and read reviews to determine the reliability of a particular service.

3. Can I trust someone else to grade my practice test?

It ultimately depends on who you choose to grade your practice test. If you trust the person's knowledge and expertise in the subject, then it may be helpful to have them grade your test. However, it's important to remember that everyone has their own biases and perspectives, so it's always good to get multiple opinions.

4. How can I improve my test scores if someone grades my practice test?

Receiving feedback from someone grading your practice test can be helpful in identifying areas where you need improvement. Use the feedback to focus on those areas and continue practicing. You can also ask the grader for specific tips on how to improve your performance.

5. Is it better to have a human grade my practice test or use an online grading service?

It depends on personal preference and the level of accuracy you are looking for. A human grader may provide more detailed feedback, but it can also be time-consuming and may not be feasible for every situation. Online grading services can be more efficient, but may not provide as in-depth feedback. Consider your needs and resources when deciding which option to choose.