Can someone help me fix my calculator?

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary, the conversation was about someone experiencing issues with their TI-84 plus calculator, specifically with their graphing function and a black arrow and rectangle appearing on all of their Yn. They were seeking a way to reset the settings without erasing their programs. The suggested solution was to use TI ConnectTM to backup important data/programs and to try resetting the calculator to its defaults using the MEM (2nd, +) button. However, the issue still persisted even after trying these solutions.
flyingpig

Homework Statement

My TI-84 plus is messed up, is there any way to reset the settings without erasing my programs?

edit: my graphing funciton only graphs one graph even though I imputed two.

There is this weird black arrow and a rectangle in all of my Yn

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
You should look into using TI ConnectTM. I think it can be used to backup any important data/programs.

You may have de-selected functions (see page 99 of the TI-84+ Manual--even if you have a TI-84, it should still apply)l:
http://education.ti.com/guidebooks/graphing/84p/TI84PlusGuidebook_Part2_EN.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope it's not working, here is a picture of what it looks like. I drew it with hand so...

[PLAIN]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1909/unledmbl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please...

Have you tried MEM (2nd, +)> Reset > Defaults? This will preserve your programs.

lewando said:
Have you tried MEM (2nd, +)> Reset > Defaults? This will preserve your programs.

Not working still.

1. How do I reset my calculator?

To reset your calculator, press the reset button located on the back of the calculator. If your calculator does not have a reset button, you can also remove the batteries and put them back in to reset the calculator.

2. Why is my calculator not turning on?

There could be a few reasons why your calculator is not turning on. First, check to make sure the batteries are inserted correctly and have enough charge. If the batteries are fine, there may be a problem with the internal circuitry of the calculator and it may need to be repaired or replaced.

3. How do I fix a frozen calculator screen?

If your calculator screen is frozen, try pressing the reset button or removing and reinserting the batteries. If that does not work, there may be a problem with the calculator's software and it may need to be updated or repaired.

4. How do I troubleshoot calculator error messages?

If your calculator is displaying error messages, refer to the instruction manual to determine the cause of the error. Common causes may include incorrect input or a malfunctioning function. If the error persists, the calculator may need to be repaired.

5. Can I fix my calculator myself?

It depends on the issue with your calculator. Simple problems such as a frozen screen or incorrect inputs can often be resolved by following the instructions in the manual or pressing the reset button. However, for more complex issues, it is best to seek professional help or contact the manufacturer for support.