Can Vth of MOS be lowered for lower input voltages?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shaikss
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
shaikss
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I want to design a rectifier for lower input voltages in the order of 100mV.
So, in order to achieve the same, when I use MOS, I want to lower the Vth.
What are the different mechanisms that are implemented in order to lower/cancel the Vth?

Thanks!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
The question is whether he has external power supply to power up anything. If so, that is going to be easy. If not, then it's going to be very hard.
 
Usually Vth is adjusted by Boron threshold adjustment implant for NMOS and vice-versa for PMOS. This thing is included in standard process steps in today's IC process. However, the boron dose is fixed and this generates only one kind of MOS with fixed Vth.

Unless you explicitly tell fab labs to use different dosage, you cannot change Vth.