Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cancel secondary flux (reaction) from transformer

1. Sep 12, 2011 #1

lba

hi,

The drawing show 2 transformers T1 and T2. Each primary of transformer is at fixed voltage (110 volt for example), but one transformer is with 0° phase and other with 180° phase. The secondary of each transformer has the same charge and the same current. The idea is to cancel the flux from secondaries. We put in front of each part of secondary an other secondary but with +180° phase like this all secondary is in front of reverse flux. When one give N/S, it is in front of S/N. Like that all flux from each turn of coil is cancel. Sure, this need to put a lot of transformer for cancel all the flux and use a particular geometric shape. But if we think with 5 transformers: 4 transformers for cancel the flux of one (4 sides), is the flux is cancel for the central transformer ?

The iron of each transfomer is always separated by other transformer.

What's wrong with this idea ?

Thanks
    LBA

Attached Files:

• 5t.JPG
      5t.JPG
      File size:
      26.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2011 #2
    To cancel the B field just wrap the windings so that the current enclosed is zero in your amerpian loop.

4. Sep 13, 2011 #3

lba

thanks for your message ;)
    I don't understand all... I want a current in the primary coil in each transformer, because I want current in the secondary. When I take current from secondary, the flux from secondary decrease flux from the primary and this increase the current in primary because the voltage is constant. I would like to suppress this increase of current in primary, so I try to cancel flux from secondary and like that this system can create energy (I know it's not possible ;). I don't find what's wrong with this idea ?

Have a good day
    LBA

5. Sep 13, 2011 #4
    All im saying is that if you want to cut down the B field in a certain region, Just have a wire going in the opposite direction to cut down down the current enclosed.
    Im still not sure exactly what your trying to do, but you could also use an external source to do this. To get it where you want it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook