1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capacitively coupled RLC circuits

1. Feb 20, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Given a set of two capacitively coupled RLC circuits where each has a capacitor [itex]C[/itex] and they share a coupling capacitor [itex]C^{'}[/itex].
    I'm trying to find nice organized material that will explain the various relevant
    coefficients\concepts like [itex]QF[/itex], bandwidth etc. in relation to the above mentioned setup.
    Or how to find the function of the maximal voltage as the function of frequency given a certain setup.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I do know how to solve the differential equations involved and get the voltage and current as the function of time but I can't find good sources that could explain all the aspects of coupling two circuits using a capacitor.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

How is the combination circuit driven?

Does the circuit look like any of these coupled RLC circuits? https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=pnUGU-q6Ec_poATJqYHgAQ

4. Feb 20, 2014 #3
    It looks like this:

schem.jpg

And the we've measured the voltage on the [itex]R_{1}[/itex] for various frequencies and [itex]C^{'}[/itex] coupling capacitors.

5. Feb 20, 2014 #4

SammyS

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I couldn't see that image.

Use the "Manage Attachments" feature of PF .

Here is the image below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=66844&stc=1&d=1392947083.jpg

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted