Capacitor Question: Get Help & Answers Now

• Thread starter uniastroboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Capacitor
In summary, capacitors are electronic components that store electric charge and are made of two conductive plates separated by an insulating material. They work by storing charge on their plates when a voltage is applied, with the amount of charge determined by their capacitance. The main types of capacitors are ceramic, electrolytic, film, and tantalum, each with different purposes. Capacitance can be calculated by dividing the stored charge by the voltage or by multiplying the plate area by the distance between them and dividing by the permittivity of the dielectric. Common applications of capacitors include power supply filtering, tuning and filtering in radio circuits, energy storage in flash cameras and defibrillators, and power factor correction and motor starting in electronic
uniastroboy
Capacitor question!

Hi, I just need someone to help me with a capacitor question T.T
PLEASE SHOW WORKInG Out AND THE ANSWERS!

THANK YOU~~

Attachments

• q1.JPG
    q1.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 396
Physics news on Phys.org

Welcome to Physics Forums. Forum rules require you to attempt the problem and show us your work before we can help.

just write
i=dq/dt
and then solve the differential equations

is the answer to the current question one minute? or some other multiple of 60 seconds...i think i may have screwed up the units

Last edited:

1. What is a capacitor?

A capacitor is an electronic component that stores electric charge. It is made of two conductive plates separated by an insulating material called a dielectric.

2. How does a capacitor work?

When a voltage is applied to a capacitor, it stores electric charge on its plates. The amount of charge it can hold is determined by its capacitance, which is measured in farads. The higher the capacitance, the more charge it can store.

3. What are the main types of capacitors?

The main types of capacitors include ceramic, electrolytic, film, and tantalum capacitors. Each type has different characteristics and is used for different purposes, such as filtering, energy storage, and signal coupling.

4. How do I calculate the capacitance of a capacitor?

The capacitance of a capacitor can be calculated by dividing the charge stored on its plates by the applied voltage. It can also be calculated by multiplying the area of the plates by the distance between them and dividing by the permittivity of the dielectric material.

5. What are some common applications of capacitors?

Capacitors have a wide range of applications in electronic circuits, including power supply filtering, tuning and filtering in radio circuits, and energy storage in flash cameras and defibrillators. They are also used in electronic equipment for power factor correction and motor starting.