What is the formula for calculating the VE value in car physics for simulation?

In summary, the conversation is about someone trying to create a car physics for a rally simulation game. They are struggling to understand how to calculate the VE value in the file common.lsp, which is connected to the car's horsepower and torque. They are seeking help in understanding the formula for calculating the VE value.
lippylipe
Hello to all,

as i saw the forum and all the posts i hope i come to the right place. I don't know much about physics, but reading and looking throw the physics files i managed to a bit understand how things works. Now i am try to make a car physics for the old rally simulation Richard Burns rally. When i look at the files i don't know how to calculate the VE value in the file common.lsp you can find a copy of the file here: http://www.2shared.com/file/RniwTcoR/common.html

I know that this values are connected with car horspower and torque, but i don't know how to calculate them. I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
</code>VE stands for Vehicle Efficiency. It is a percentage value that should be adjusted to reflect the efficiency of the car. The higher the VE value, the more efficient the car will be. The formula to calculate the VE value is:VE = (Horsepower / Torque) * 100For example, if a car has 200 horsepower and 400 torque, then the VE value would be 50%:VE = (200 / 400) * 100 = 50%

1. What is car physics for simulation?

Car physics for simulation is the study of how cars behave and interact with their environment in a simulated environment. It involves understanding the laws of physics that govern the movement and behavior of cars and using that knowledge to accurately recreate car behavior in a virtual setting.

2. Why is car physics important in simulation?

Car physics is crucial in simulation because it allows for a realistic and immersive experience for users. Accurate car physics can make the simulation feel more lifelike and can also provide valuable data for research and development purposes.

3. How do you simulate car physics?

Simulating car physics involves using mathematical equations and algorithms to calculate and simulate the movement and behavior of a car. This includes factors such as acceleration, braking, steering, and collisions. Advanced simulation software can also take into account environmental factors such as friction, air resistance, and gravity.

4. What are the key components of car physics in simulation?

The key components of car physics in simulation include the car's weight, engine power, transmission, suspension, and tires. These factors all play a crucial role in how a car moves and behaves in a simulated environment, and must be accurately represented in order to create a realistic simulation.

5. How is car physics for simulation different from real-life car physics?

While car physics for simulation strives to accurately mimic real-life physics, there are some key differences. In simulation, certain factors such as air resistance and tire wear may be simplified or excluded in order to make the simulation run more smoothly. Additionally, the behavior of a car in real life can also be affected by external factors such as weather conditions, which may not be present in a simulated environment.