Cell Regeneration: Unlocking Immortality?

• Thread starter NeedBioInfo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cell
In summary: but the downside is that the clone might not be perfect, because you can't control the process of differentiation.
Thanks

*hopes Monique will come back*

What tissue types are there? (In the human body)
How difficult,etc would it be with other tissues types?

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
If you don't really know all the answers to these questions, then I can understand that you are very interested in Biology to ask them.

I may be making an arse of myself with this post, but I'm going to assume that someone that has to ask about all of the tissues within the human body doesn't have a basic understand of human biology.

I suggest that you go to a local library and pick out a good book around 400 pages that has to do with Biology. Don't worry, I've found that the more you read in life, the faster you become. That's why I can read really quick. I read stuff online all the time. College peers are amazed with my reading speed.

There are two books I'm going to recommend to you.

One will give you an introduction to human biology.

[URL[/URL] Biology : Concepts and Current Issues (3rd Edition) (Paperback)
by Michael D. Johnson][/url]

After you understand some of the concepts of Human Biology, then you will have a basic understanding of biology. From there you should go to Microbiology. Hopefully you may get a bigger picture from there.

The other will stimulate your brain giving you philosophical viewpoints into the world of biology which will allow you to have a broader view on things.
[URL][/URL]

It may be dated but it doesn't cost that much. It will take time to read and dictionary.com and other dictionary sources are great. Since online communities have been built you may be able to review more.

In case you have more trouble with biology, you could always visit [URL]http://www.en.wikipedia.org[/URL] which may have an entry on the biological specimen you are looking at for information. I use wikipedia most of the time for research.

------edit--------

Also, searching on [url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url]for things such as ("stem cells" cloning embryo immortality regeneration) certain keywords can bring up interesting articles and may help you find an answer more quickly when people aren't around to respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay I found out it's possible to get cells/stem cells from cloned embryos but

How long would it (Hypothetically) be possible to live for using stem cells/other types of cells from cloned embryos to replace unhealthy cells? I guess that's my only question at the moment

Last edited:
I guess I wanted to know about using stem cells/other types of cells from cloned embryos to replace (Whenever necessary in order to live...the longest lifespan (Currently unknown to me) possible by doing that) the cell groups that form these 4 types of tissues

1. Epithelial Tissue - The cells of epithelial tissue pack tightly together and form continuous sheets that serve as linings in different parts of the body.* Epithelial tissue serve as membranes lining organs and helping to keep the body's organs separate, in place and protected.* Some examples of epithelial tissue are the outer layer of the skin, the inside of the mouth and stomach, and the tissue surrounding the body's organs.
2. Connective Tissue - There are many types of connective tissue in the body.* Generally speaking, connective tissue adds support and structure to the body.* Most types of connective tissue contain fibrous strands of the protein collagen that add strength to connective tissue.* Some examples of connective tissue include the inner layers of skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bone and fat tissue.* In addition to these more recognizable forms of connective tissue, blood is also considered a form of connective tissue.
3. Muscle Tissue - Muscle tissue is a specialized tissue that can contract.* Muscle tissue contains the specialized proteins actin and myosin that slide past one another and allow movement.* Examples of muscle tissue are contained in the muscles throughout your body.
4. Nerve Tissue - Nerve tissue contains two types of cells: neurons and glial cells.* Nerve tissue has the ability to generate and conduct electrical signals in the body.* These electrical messages are managed by nerve tissue in the brain and transmitted down the spinal cord to the body.

Last edited:
Did Yomamma say that stem cells would work fine (to live indefinetly?) if we were allowed to use them? (From cloned embryos/other embryos)

I said they could repleced damaged body parts, or non-functioning body parts

At this point in time? Or would more research need to be done before they could do that?

Last edited: