Champions league final soccer?

• Thread starter elabed haidar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final
In summary: United side does not match up to some of the previous teams constructed by manager Sir Alex Ferguson, Barca's current crop of players are being hailed as potentially one of the best squad's assembled in club football...In summary, Manchester United will likely lose the Champions League final, despite having some of the best players in the world.
elabed haidar
champions league final soccer??

Your thoughts on soccer , especially the champions league final is near

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Today was an interesting one regarding which teams were relegated / which escaped relegation in the Premier League. This graph (source: http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011...y-premier-league-relegation-battle-played-out) depicts how the four key at-risk teams (excluding West Ham, which had no doubt as to their status) battled it out to see who would lose their TV revenues and their better players:

relegation.png

man but black pool shouldn't have fallen down , they should have stayed .
All well , that is the madness in soccer

elabed haidar said:
Your thoughts on soccer

My thought is that it should be called by it's proper name. :D

It's a shame Blackpool got relegated, I enjoyed watching them, but United were always going to win. On that note for the Champions league final United will get comprehensively hammered, because Messi is god.

I am not sure that Manchester United will be ‘comprehensively hammered’ in the Champions League final, but the strong probability is that they will lose, for the simple reason that Barcelona are a better team. Understand, I wish it were not so. My oldest son is a Barcelona fan and absolutely a fan of the ‘jump on the currently successful bandwagon’ type. I am not a United fan, but I do not share the irrational hatred for Manchester United that so many English football fans who are not United fans seem to have, and whenever an English team is playing a non-English team, I am going to want the English team to win. My son, of course, is somewhat full of the fact that it is clear that Barcelona will win easily, thus I badly want United to win. But I recognise the bald probability that they won’t. I’m not sure that it is going to be that much of a fun experience watching the final. Unless, of course…

Greg Bernhardt said:
I will be rooting for Barcelona!

Will you be watching Greg? Presumably it does go out live in the USA?

Ken Natton said:
Will you be watching Greg? Presumably it does go out live in the USA?

Yes! There is a great english soccer bar not far. Starts 1pm for me.

Huh. I was recently in Canada and all the bars were showing wall to wall Stanley Cup playoffs. On the first weekend, I stumbled upon an English premier league match being shown live on one of the channels available in my hotel room. The next weekend there was an important cup match that I was desperate to see. After what I had found the previous weekend, I just assumed it would be on. But when the hour came all the sports channels were showing – not actual Stanley Cup action, just lots of people endlessly talking about the Stanley Cup playoffs. It was most disappointing. And being 8:00am on a Sunday morning local time, I didn’t fancy my chances of finding an open bar that would have been showing it! In any case, I will have to wish you an enjoyable Saturday lunchtime in the bar, because I am hoping for a result that would disappoint you!

to me i think man united will get their revenge , because they also play nice football,
but there is a question i want to ask,
IF RONNEY SCORES THE SAME GOAL HE SCORED IN MAN CITY DO YOU THINK HE WILL TAKE MESSI'S PLACE IM BECOMING THE BEST PLAYER ??

No. Because a flash in the pan wonder goal does not make a good season, or make the best player. Rooney was terrible all game (and all season in fact), and pulls one impressive but flukey goal.

Rooney is good, there is little doubting that, best player in the premiership?. Better than Messi, that's just being plain silly.

To put his woeful season in perspective, he's scored as many league goals as Drogba, who was suffering from malaria.

elabed haidar said:
to me i think man united will get their revenge , because they also play nice football,
but there is a question i want to ask,
IF RONNEY SCORES THE SAME GOAL HE SCORED IN MAN CITY DO YOU THINK HE WILL TAKE MESSI'S PLACE IM BECOMING THE BEST PLAYER ??

No, but had he scored this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_pcH-1NDx0

Bah, knew I should have stayed up and watched MOTD.

xxChrisxx said:
Bah, knew I should have stayed up and watched MOTD.

You wouldn't think last season he was playing for Leeds United in League 1. :tongue:

Uh oh. It's not looking good for my hopes. It's looking like it will be Greg smiling come Saturday.

...whereas it has been suggested that this United side does not match up to some of the previous teams constructed by manager Sir Alex Ferguson, Barca's current crop of players are being hailed as potentially one of the best squad's assembled in club football history.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13532749.stm

No real news there then. ;)

Well I enjoyed that. Some wonderful football from Barcalona. United just had no answer.

Twas a good game. Barca certainly outplayed Man U.

Barca has the possession arrow at 70-30... domination...

Last edited:

Yep.

Well, it was a good game to Messi's goal. Barca's 3rd goal turned it from a good game to a done deal.

That Man U only possessed the ball 30% of the time was a bit problematic. That stat was a bit surprising given that Man U dominated possession for the first 10-20 minutes or so.

man to me giggs should play second half first anderson when he gets tired giggs come in with nani and why didnt owen or birba come in ??
i know barcelona are the best but , come on manchester its a final for GOD sake why ronney must be your only hero ?? where is valencia with his speed?
he just wanted to fight
why did chicharito stop running with ronney?? vidic and ferdinand okay first goal was very nice but the second and third were your faults?? you could tackle and prevent the two shots ?? why?? why ?? why?
IN THE END BARCELONA YOU ARE THE BEST

Ken Natton said:
I am not sure that Manchester United will be ‘comprehensively hammered’ in the Champions League final, but the strong probability is that they will lose, for the simple reason that Barcelona are a better team. Understand, I wish it were not so. My oldest son is a Barcelona fan and absolutely a fan of the ‘jump on the currently successful bandwagon’ type. I am not a United fan, but I do not share the irrational hatred for Manchester United that so many English football fans who are not United fans seem to have, and whenever an English team is playing a non-English team, I am going to want the English team to win. My son, of course, is somewhat full of the fact that it is clear that Barcelona will win easily, thus I badly want United to win. But I recognise the bald probability that they won’t. I’m not sure that it is going to be that much of a fun experience watching the final. Unless, of course…

man , that was very rough

I shall not pretend that I am not disappointed, I am, but then, as a follower of English football teams in international competition, disappointment is nothing new to me. Clearly, Barcelona were a class above United. United’s goal was superb, but then it was going to take something special to breach Barcelona. Generally, their defending was assured whereas United’s defending was best characterised by the phrase ‘blind panic’. There cannot be any serious doubt that Barcelona is comfortably the best team in Europe at the moment and thus the rightful winner of the trophy. But it still hurts.

elabed haidar said:
where is valencia with his speed?

I thought Valencia had one of his worst games. He was consistently beaten and easily defended.

1. What is the Champions League Final Soccer?

The Champions League Final Soccer, also known as the UEFA Champions League Final, is an annual soccer tournament organized by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). It is the highest level of competition for European soccer clubs, featuring the top teams from various national leagues.

2. When is the Champions League Final Soccer?

The Champions League Final Soccer is typically held in late May or early June. The exact date varies each year, but it is usually announced at the beginning of the tournament. The 2021 final is scheduled for May 29th, while the 2022 final is set for May 28th.

3. Where is the Champions League Final Soccer held?

The location of the Champions League Final Soccer changes each year. It is usually held in a different European city, with the host city being chosen through a bidding process. Some of the recent host cities include Istanbul, Madrid, and Lisbon.

4. How do teams qualify for the Champions League Final Soccer?

To qualify for the Champions League Final Soccer, teams must first compete in their national league and finish in the top positions. The top teams from each league then enter the Champions League tournament, where they compete against each other in a group stage and knockout rounds until two teams remain for the final match.

5. How is the winner of the Champions League Final Soccer determined?

The winner of the Champions League Final Soccer is determined by a single match between the two remaining teams. The match is typically played at a neutral location and can go into extra time and penalties if necessary. The winning team is crowned as the champion of Europe and also earns a spot in the next year's tournament.