Chances of Getting into Top Physics Grad Schools with 3.824 GPA

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
tut_einstein
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
I'm a physics undergrad and have a GPA of about 3.824/4.3 in an Ivy league university. I have pretty good research experience with 2 publications so far. I was wondering what my chances are of getting into the best grad schools (MIT,Stanford, Caltech etc..) with this GPA, assuming I do fairly well on my Physics GRE.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Without giving much specifics, you're a good candidate. The real question that gets missed by a lot of students is whether or not those schools are even good for you. At the graduate level, you're looking not at the university name, but the actual researchers in the department, who they are, what they're doing, if you're even interested in what they're doing, etc. Often the big names in the field don't go to the big name schools.