1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemical reaction metal underwater

1. Feb 13, 2016 #1
    Hi guys I was wondering of someone on here could briefly enlighten me on the chemical reactions that would occur with a Teflon Coated high carbon steel hook and a lead sinker while underwater? I am looking into the signals that may or may not be given off by these items both separately and with each other with in a fishing situation that an old wise and somewhat cute carp may pick up on when aproaching a fishing rig and said hook. I am looking into all aspects of this regarding rusting, electrical charge, magnetic fields etc. Any help is massively appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Lee

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2016 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Teflon coated high-C steel --- with pinholes, of course --- lead sinker, plus brass wire --- you're not making this easy. Temperature? Salinity?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook