Where Can I Find Affordable and High-Quality Chemical Vendors in the US?

• Thread starter hellos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemical
In summary, the person is in charge of purchasing chemicals for their university department and is looking for recommendations for good chemical vendors in the US. They mention knowing about basic vendors like Sigma, Fisher, Acros, Brandnu, Spectrum, JTBaker, and GFS, but are open to finding other vendors with good pricing and quality. Some suggestions given in the conversation include EMD for alcohol, VWR, Fisher, and Sigma Aldrich for a range of chemicals, and STREM, Lancaster, and Alfa Aesar for catalysts and ligands.
hellos
I am in charge of purchasing chemicals for my department in the university and I was wondering if anybody knows any good chemical vendors in the US. I know the basic ones like Sigma, Fisher, Acros, Brandnu, Spectrum, JTBaker, and GFS, but I was wondering if there are other places that have decent pricing and quality for chemicals. Thank you in advance. :smile:

Chemistry news on Phys.org
hellos said:
I am in charge of purchasing chemicals for my department in the university and I was wondering if anybody knows any good chemical vendors in the US. I know the basic ones like Sigma, Fisher, Acros, Brandnu, Spectrum, JTBaker, and GFS, but I was wondering if there are other places that have decent pricing and quality for chemicals. Thank you in advance. :smile:

It really depends on what you need. For example , I order Alcohol from EMD. Some vendors are better than others with the quality of the chemicals and the relative pricing.

VWR (also covers Merck, JT Baker & EMD range)
Fisher (also covers Acros)
Sigma Aldrich (also covers Fluka, Reidel de Haan)

in Canada

Anachemia

For catalysts and ligands nothing beats STREM chemicals. They will also custom make stuff for you.

I also order a lot of stuff from Lancaster and Alfa Aesar.

What are the top chemical vendors in the US?

The top chemical vendors in the US include BASF, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Bayer, and ExxonMobil.

What types of chemicals do these vendors sell?

These vendors sell a wide range of chemicals including industrial chemicals, agricultural chemicals, specialty chemicals, and consumer chemicals.

How do these vendors ensure the quality and safety of their chemicals?

Chemical vendors in the US must adhere to strict regulatory standards set by government agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They also conduct rigorous testing and quality control measures to ensure the safety of their products.

What are the benefits of purchasing chemicals from US vendors?

Purchasing chemicals from US vendors can provide several benefits, including faster delivery times, higher quality products, and adherence to strict regulatory standards. Additionally, supporting US vendors can contribute to the local economy.

Are there any potential risks associated with purchasing chemicals from US vendors?

While chemical vendors in the US are subject to strict regulations, there is always a potential risk of accidents or incidents with chemical products. It is important to follow proper safety protocols and handle chemicals with caution to minimize any potential risks.