1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry BS, Looking to go into computational chemistry

1. Jul 12, 2013 #1
    Hi Physics forum.
    I am a BS in biochemistry, looking into going into computer programming with my chemistry degree. I got A's in Gen Chem I and II, Organic Chem, Analytical Chem, Physical Chem, but I sucked at Biochemistry and got a C-. I got a B in Calc II but I was good at the Integration. I just had difficulty learning Taylor and McLauren Series. Dunno, It just felt like ******** when there were no numbers involved. I did really try, I just couldn't help feeling like I could just look this stuff up on wikipedia. Anyways, I don't have great job prospects in R&D b/c of my biochem grades (I got C- in both semesters) and I don't quite feel ready to commit to graduate school (I know people who have gone to graduate school, so I have some(not much) understanding of how much the expectations are.
    So, here is my question.
    I'm going to get a lab tech position at a chemical or research company. With dedication, could I learn computational chemistry from some sort of online or night school, or is this a pipe dream?

Also, do you know of any colleges or universities that offer this kind of opportunity?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted