Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestion Chess is very well hidden.

1. Nov 19, 2009 #1
    I was just wondering if we could get any kind of link to the chess forum from the main PF page. The first few days I actually couldn't remember what links I had to go through to find it.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2009 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

have you tried an NP sacrifice?

Hi Pattonias! :smile:

I think every time you move, the server also moves.

Perhaps we should be able to set the level of difficulty, eg P or NP ? :wink:

4. Nov 20, 2009 #3
    :tongue2:

5. Nov 20, 2009 #4

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why not simply bookmark the Chess subforum, if it is of special interest to you?

Otherwise, it would be only fair to have links to all subforums on the PF main page. Not sure if Greg would want to do that, though he might.

6. Nov 23, 2009 #5
    I will look at organizing the sub forum links better in the near future.

7. Nov 23, 2009 #6

drizzle

Gold Member

I have an idea!

Why not make a new feature that enables each member to stick a number of subforums [or threads] that s/he’s interested in, in her/his profile!

Not sure if it’s possible though...

8. Nov 23, 2009 #7

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Could just bookmark the links. Might be faster.

Edit: Oh, I see Redbelly98 already suggested that.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  9. Nov 23, 2009 #8

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can subscribe to threads and subforums. Clicking on "My PF" then shows subscribed threads with the most recent activity, and subscribed subforums.

10. Nov 23, 2009 #9

drizzle

Gold Member

IF I deleted the subscribed threads, I won’t receive any email notification of new replies in any of these threads that I’ve posted in, right?

11. Nov 24, 2009 #10

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you unsubscribe from a thread (is that what you mean when you say deleted?), you won't receive email notification of new replies in it.

Or you can also subscribe without receiving email notification, and threads with recent replies will still show up if you click on "My PF".

12. Nov 24, 2009 #11

drizzle

Gold Member

Actually, there’s a delete option for the selected threads, just scroll down the page [on the right]. Never mind though, I just missed up the whole thing :biggrin:

13. Nov 24, 2009 #12

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That option is to delete the subscription, not the thread. (If we are looking at the same thing.)

14. Nov 24, 2009 #13
    It really isn't a problem that I find it myself, I think that most people don't know you have a chess forum. I appreciate the discussion. I think it is kind of a cool feature of PF and it is a sub-subforum. You don't see that it exists unless you kind of stumble across it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook