Chosing between 2 universities

• Schools
  • Thread starter BioBen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universities
In summary, Benjamin is currently studying in a French university and plans to pursue a Ph.D in Physics in the US next year. He is deciding between George Washington University and University of Connecticut, and is seeking advice on which would be the better choice. The conversation also includes a mention of Benjamin potentially wanting to leave Paris and a suggestion to aim for higher ranked schools.
BioBen
Hi,
i am currently in a french university (Université Pierre&Marie Curie, Paris) and i am still an undergraduate (in Physics).

I plan to make my studies in the US next year, and i can choose between the "George Washington University" and the "University of Connecticut" (Storrs).

Which one is the best if i plan to finish my studies there ? (phd in physics)

Thanks,
Benjamin

Physics news on Phys.org
why leave Paris ?
Professors around have not taught you much enough ?

'George Washington University'

is this a black college?

BioBen, I am not familar with their Ph.D programs, but you should either aim a bit higher, or look up the faculty at both schools and see if you share any of their research interests.

kant said:
'George Washington University'
is this a black college?

No.

Like the guy above, aim a little higher. Not worth the travel if those are the schools you really plan on going to.

What factors should I consider when choosing between two universities?

When choosing between two universities, there are several factors to consider. Some important ones include the academic programs offered, the location and campus environment, the cost and financial aid options, and the reputation and ranking of the universities.

What are the differences between the two universities in terms of academic programs?

The academic programs offered by each university may differ in terms of majors, minors, and areas of specialization. It is important to research the specific programs and their curriculum to determine which university aligns better with your academic interests and career goals.

How can I find out more about the location and campus environment of each university?

You can research the location of each university and the surrounding area to get a sense of the environment. You can also visit the campuses and take a tour to see the facilities, talk to current students, and get a feel for the campus culture.

What should I consider when it comes to the cost and financial aid options of each university?

The cost of tuition, room and board, and other fees can vary between universities. It is important to compare the total cost of attendance and also look into financial aid options such as scholarships, grants, and loans. Additionally, consider the potential return on investment for each university in terms of future job opportunities and salary.

How important is the reputation and ranking of the universities?

The reputation and ranking of a university can play a role in future job opportunities and graduate school admissions. However, it is important to also consider the specific programs and opportunities offered by each university, as well as your own academic performance and experience. Ultimately, the best university for you may not necessarily be the highest ranked one.