Circuit Analisis. Find voltage of 2 points

In summary, to find V0 in the given network, the student used Kirchhoff's Voltage Law (KVL) to set up three equations. They then solved for VA and Vx using the equations and substituted those values into the first equation to find VA. The final answer for V0 is 2.26V. The student checked their answer and confirmed it was correct.
unkown
Circuit Analysis. Find V0 in the network

Homework Statement

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6476/phy1.png

I need to find V0

Homework Equations

I need to find V0

The Attempt at a Solution

I did KVL.
13 +Vx - 4Vx + 2I +2VA <----- 1st equation
Vx = 7I <----- 2nd equation
VA = 2I +2VA <----- 3ed equation

solve 3e eq. i got I = 1.5VA
then used that answer to solve 2nd eq. i got Vx = -3.5 VA

then i apply both those answers to solve 1st eq

13 -3.5VA + 14 VA -VA +2 VA =0
VA = -13/11= -1.13

therefore V0 = 2VA= 2.26V

Am i right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I solve it my self, answer is right

1. How do I find the voltage between two points in a circuit?

In order to find the voltage between two points in a circuit, you can use Ohm's Law (V=IR) or Kirchhoff's Voltage Law (KVL). Ohm's Law states that voltage is equal to the current multiplied by the resistance. KVL states that the sum of all voltages around a closed loop in a circuit must equal zero.

2. What tools do I need for circuit analysis?

To perform circuit analysis, you will need a power supply, resistors, a multimeter, and wires to connect the components. Depending on the complexity of the circuit, you may also need a breadboard, oscilloscope, and other specialized tools.

3. What is the difference between voltage and current?

Voltage is the potential difference between two points in a circuit, often measured in volts (V). Current is the flow of electric charge through a circuit, measured in amperes (A). In other words, voltage is the force that drives current through a circuit.

4. Can I measure voltage without disrupting the circuit?

Yes, you can measure voltage without disrupting the circuit by using a voltmeter, which is designed to have a high resistance and not draw any current from the circuit. By connecting the voltmeter in parallel with the component you want to measure, you can get an accurate reading of the voltage without altering the circuit's behavior.

5. How can I analyze a circuit if I don't know the voltage of a particular point?

If you do not know the voltage of a particular point in a circuit, you can use a technique called nodal analysis. This method involves assigning unknown voltages to each node in the circuit and using Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) to create a system of equations that can be solved to find the unknown voltages. Alternatively, you can use a voltage divider circuit to measure the voltage at a specific point in the circuit.