1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Clifford Algebras

1. Jan 15, 2006 #1

What's your opinion about Cliffor Algebras (GA) in aplication to physics?

What do u think about messages like this:

Best reggards.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm curious about Clifford Algebras,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_algebra ,
    and their applications in physics
    beyond that of the "gamma matrices".

I'm not well-read enough to say how useful they are and how intuitive they may be compared to other less-encompassing algebraic approaches (e.g. vector-calculus, exterior-calculus, tensor-calculus, spinor-calculus, etc...). Time-permitting, it might be fun to look into it.
    my $0.02
  4. Jan 16, 2006 #3

Clifford Algebras have another interesting thing, that is that is composed by two sub groups, one the complex (center subgroup) and the other, even subgroup (even subgroup). In quantum mechanics, we utilize the center group, but I have read a book that utilizes the wave function in mathematics of the even subgroup, and it's very interesting question.

It's possible that we are utilizing wrong mathematics to the right formulation.

The post before linked talks about it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?