Collaborative Robotics: Where to Read & Get Started

• Thread starter debelino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robotics
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of collaborative robotics and the progress made in the industry since the 1980s. The individual needs to write a 10-page paper on the subject but is unsure where to start reading. They ask for book or forum recommendations, and also question the concept of collaborative robotics. The conversation also touches on the safety concerns and cost of robots, with a book recommendation of "Seveneves" by Neal Stephenson.
debelino
I need to write 10 pages on this subject for my course but i don't know where to start reading. Where can I read about this subject? Could you recommend any books or forums?

Engineering news on Phys.org
What is collaborative robotics? Robots working together? People working together to design and build robots? Robots working together to build better people?

actually, robots had a lot of safety issues originally. Industry has come a long have since early 1980s and now have numerous safety devices that permit humans to interact in close proximity to them.
Cost has come down to where a simple robot with 6 kg lift ability costs about $ 35,000

I can recommend 'Seveneves' by Neal Stephenson :smile:

1. What is collaborative robotics?

Collaborative robotics, also known as co-robotics, is a field of robotics that focuses on developing robots that can safely interact and work alongside humans. These robots are designed to be intuitive, flexible, and easy to program, making them suitable for a wide range of applications.

2. What are the benefits of collaborative robotics?

Collaborative robots offer numerous benefits, including increased productivity, improved safety, and cost-effectiveness. They can also perform repetitive and dangerous tasks, freeing up human workers to focus on more complex and meaningful work.

3. Where can I read more about collaborative robotics?

There are many resources available online to learn about collaborative robotics, including articles, research papers, and industry websites. Some popular sources include IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Robotics Business Review, and the International Federation of Robotics.

4. How can I get started with collaborative robotics?

If you are interested in getting started with collaborative robotics, there are several steps you can take. First, familiarize yourself with the basics of robotics and programming. Then, consider taking online courses or attending workshops to learn more about collaborative robotics specifically. You can also reach out to companies or universities that offer hands-on training or internships in this field.

5. What are some real-world applications of collaborative robotics?

Collaborative robots are used in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, and logistics. Some common applications include assembly and packaging, quality control, material handling, and surgical assistance. They can also be used in research and development to prototype and test new products and technologies.