Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Hoophy said:
Here's a joke:
Lol... The Hybrid Air Vehicles have 304 / Airlander 10 .

Wikipedia said:
Named the Martha Gwyn after the company chairman's wife, the craft became popularly known as "the flying bum" for "the resemblance its plump front end shares with a human's back end."
 
Physics news on Phys.org
:ok: .. :oldwink:

Firefox users 1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and Hoophy
jedishrfu said:
That's for sure, who leaves a protractor in the oven. It'll melt and mess up the cake.

The next problem is ... is it 120 C or F :-p
 
Am just putting all jokes in here now, lame or good, seems to get better attention than if I create a separate thread

Electric Ave - no outlet.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, collinsmark, OCR and 2 others
davenn said:
The next problem is ... is it 120 C or F :-p

Yeah, I was thinking about that too not that I know anything about baking cakes except maybe a Duncan Hines cake mix with instructions.

I heard one story though of a kid who wanted a vanilla cake but his mom had only a chocolate cake mix so he baked it without the chocolate component and it was a disaster.
 
Why do they call it a vacuum cleaner? What can be cleaner than a vacuum
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and davenn
ohhh dear ...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/14117934_1155757111151898_2056835796146235837_n.jpg?oh=df823f667c7a9ff6d4cd7fcc4da58975&oe=5844184C&__gda__=1480626293_ee5985d6afbd86dae84ea604db6a7543
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR and Borg
davenn said:
The next problem is ... is it 120 C or F :-p
I think it has to be Kelvin. Firstly, there is no specification, and secondly, the plastic won't melt this way.
 
mfb said:
But how can you clean the vacuum then?
May I borrow your vacuum cleaner for a day? I'll come fetch it and return it the very next day. I promise!
 
Researchers have now deciphered the recently-discovered "alien signal" from HD 164595:

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and fresh_42
jtbell said:
Researchers have now deciphered the recently-discovered "alien signal" from HD 164595:

hahaha brilliant.
Gordon Shumway ... Gordo to his mates :smile:D
 
fresh_42 said:
In German the word "fast" means almost.
Don't you just love those false cognates? :eek: German "Gift" = English "poison".
 
jtbell said:
Don't you just love those false cognates? :eek: German "Gift" = English "poison".
...hmmm, ... whether Troy has something to do with it ... timeo Danaos et dona ferentes ...

But seriously, both come from old versions of to give. As gifted can be said as given (talent). Funny is, that the stuff that brides contribute to their marriage, linen, laces and so, dowry, is called "Mitgift" in German: given along. The word poison is of Latin / French origin, meaning potion - potare - drink. The USSR wasn't the first power that divided the continent. So the only difference is basically whether someone passively gives you poison or you actively drink poison. Not really much of a difference. What always makes me nervous is, that the French have the same word for poison, poison. However, fish is poisson ... Languages are funny.
 
jtbell said:
Don't you just love those false cognates? :eek: German "Gift" = English "poison".
In Swedish, gift means both poison and married :smile:
 
Montana roads repairs.
.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, ProfuselyQuarky, OCR and 2 others
1oldman2 said:
Montana roads repairs.
View attachment 105495
I've found Hollywood (CA), Hollywood (PA) and Hollywood (FL). Hollywood (MT) must be somewhere in this hole though.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky, OCR, 1oldman2 and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
I've found Hollywood (CA), Hollywood (PA) and Hollywood (FL). Hollywood (MT) must be somewhere in this hole though.
This definitely ain't Rodeo Dr. :cool:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR and fresh_42
1oldman2 said:
This definitely ain't Rodeo Dr. :cool:
There is only one thing that really surprises me. If "a bit" is enough, then I have a good idea what "normal speed" must be. O.K. as living in a country where there isn't a general speed limit (although this isn't true for this kind of roads), I don't have a problem with it. But how in hell will you be able to take the bend in about 200 m down the road? You survive a real marvelous stunt and then a simple turn will kill you?
 
fresh_42 said:
You survive a real marvelous stunt and then a simple turn will kill you?
It's an art, not a science. :biggrin: However most accidents here usually involve at least one deer.