Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
OCR
- 996
- 936
... 

You know it always used to be...
In Montana, it's 80 mph max on most interstates... it used to be 'reasonable and prudent'... basically, not over 90.


You " monkeyed " with that sign... didn't you ?1oldman2 said:Montana roads repairs.
You know it always used to be...
Unless, you're talking about where you live ?fresh_42 said:O.K. as living in a country where there isn't a general speed limit...
In Montana, it's 80 mph max on most interstates... it used to be 'reasonable and prudent'... basically, not over 90.
Last edited:
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Where we (Germans)[/size] are going, we don't need speed limits!OCR said:Unless, you're talking about where you live ?
Pepper Mint
- 91
- 139
davenn said:
I find that I love a brrr-ito without a wrapper.jtbell said:What do you call a tortilla wrap filled with shaved ice?
A brrr-ito.
- 20,819
- 28,467
If you are going to make this stunt, it automatically becomes Rodeo Dr.. For a brief moment. Then it'll turn into Sunset Blvd.1oldman2 said:This definitely ain't Rodeo Dr.![]()
Edit: And if you're going to make it, they'll call it walk of fame!
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Someone titled a thread "energy-stress-tensor of dust" today.
I only wanted to ask him/her whether his/her frame of reference was male or female.
It's trivial in the first and a singularity in the second.
I only wanted to ask him/her whether his/her frame of reference was male or female.
It's trivial in the first and a singularity in the second.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,522
This looks like it has something to do with Male Genetic Dirt Blindness (MGDB).
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
jtbell said:This looks like it has something to do with Male Genetic Dirt Blindness (MGDB).
is that akin to selective deafness ??
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,856
- 12,709
While lamenting the demise of my snappy comeback to a recent creationist post (first time I have dealt with this on this forum, so wasn't sure what would happen), I was reminded of a friend's Mad magazine from the 60's.
It had a feature: Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions, which are both stupid and entertaining.
Looks like the guy who writes (or wrote) it is 93 now.
It had a feature: Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions, which are both stupid and entertaining.
Looks like the guy who writes (or wrote) it is 93 now.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,522
A guy pulls into a gas station. The clerk notices two penguins in the back seat.
Clerk: What's with the penguins?
Guy: I found them along the road a little while ago and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.
Clerk: How about taking them to the zoo?
Guy: That's a great idea. Thanks!
He drives off. The next day he stops at the same gas station again. The clerk notices the penguins are still in the back seat.
Clerk: I thought you were going to take those penguins to the zoo?
Guy: I did. We had a great time! Today I'm taking them to the beach.
Clerk: What's with the penguins?
Guy: I found them along the road a little while ago and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.
Clerk: How about taking them to the zoo?
Guy: That's a great idea. Thanks!
He drives off. The next day he stops at the same gas station again. The clerk notices the penguins are still in the back seat.
Clerk: I thought you were going to take those penguins to the zoo?
Guy: I did. We had a great time! Today I'm taking them to the beach.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
hahaha love it !jtbell said:A guy pulls into a gas station. The clerk notices two penguins in the back seat.
Clerk: What's with the penguins?
Guy: I found them along the road a little while ago and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.
Clerk: How about taking them to the zoo?
Guy: That's a great idea. Thanks!
He drives off. The next day he stops at the same gas station again. The clerk notices the penguins are still in the back seat.
Clerk: I thought you were going to take those penguins to the zoo?
Guy: I did. We had a great time! Today I'm taking them to the beach.
- 13,926
- 16,804
How do Sith keep Jedi at bay and still smell fresh?
They wear de-yodarant.
They wear de-yodarant.
Last edited:
- 13,926
- 16,804
There was a road sign put up, which became famous at least in the UK, which says "No entry for heavy goods vehicles. Residential site only". Being in Wales, the sign is bilingual and says, in Welsh, "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated."OCR said:
Reference: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7702913.stm.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Makes sense ... Obviously nobody sent him the sign ...Ibix said:"I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated."
- 20,819
- 28,467
That's what almost certainly has happened. But it is funnier to make fun of the result.BillTre said:Or someone took his auto response, from his office, when he was gone, as the translation.
- 13,926
- 16,804
Maybe it's a gigantic conspiracy by Welsh speakers. The sign is actually fine, but they've all agreed to tell all non-speakers that it's an out-of-office message. I've only got their word for it...fresh_42 said:That's what almost certainly has happened. But it is funnier to make fun of the result.
- 20,819
- 28,467
This would at least explain Matthew Stevens' results the last years ... He's probably busy with this conspiracy.Ibix said:Maybe it's a gigantic conspiracy by Welsh speakers. The sign is actually fine, but they've all agreed to tell all non-speakers that it's an out-of-office message. I've only got their word for it...
- 13,926
- 16,804
On the subject of mis-translations, the hand dryers in the toilets at the airport nearest my wife's home town say "Touch button to start. Automatic stop" in English, French, Spanish and German. I'd been visiting for ten years before I noticed that the French flag was next to the English writing and the UK flag was next to the French writing...
- 13,926
- 16,804
The auto engineering equivalent of putting the microscope objective through the slide, apparently.
PS: I like'd your post, but PF really needs a "schadenfreude" button for that one...
PS: I like'd your post, but PF really needs a "schadenfreude" button for that one...
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
Ibix said:The auto engineering equivalent of putting the microscope objective through the slide, apparently.
did that a couple of times when doing my geology stuff at university ... learned quickly to knock that action on the head
specially when it took so long to prepare the sample of rock for the slide
- 20,819
- 28,467
I don't see an issue. The faucet can be turned. Very useful for large glasses. They have ##1l## glasses on the Octoberfest here.
I'm still waiting for the link where to buy this fantastic installation ...
I'm still waiting for the link where to buy this fantastic installation ...
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8