Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
fresh_42 said:
I'm still waiting for the link where to buy this fantastic installation ...

uh huh
and each tap should be a different flavour
speaking of which, I saw a prank video about a year where whilst a guy was on holiday, his mates re-piped his house to supply beer to every tap in the house from beer barrels under the house ... will try and find it

edit: here it is ... this is classic !

Dave
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia, Borg, BillTre and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
davenn said:
uh huh
and each tap should be a different flavour
speaking of which, I saw a prank video about a year where whilst a guy was on holiday, his mates re-piped his house to supply beer to every tap in the house from beer barrels under the house ... will try and find it

edit: here it is ... this is classic !

Dave

Well, it's said it's good for the hair, so ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and davenn
Generalised lightbulb joke:

How many members of a social, ethnic, religious or cultural group does it take to change a lightbulb?

N+1. One to change the lightbulb and N to behave in a manner stereotypical of their group.

Welcome to PF... home of hard-hitting, politically incorrect humour.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, DrClaude and Sophia
Ibix said:
Welcome to PF... home of hard-hitting, politically incorrect[insert]ed[/insert] humour.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, fresh_42 and DaveC426913
An engineer died and stopped at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter looked over his chart and had bad news. "According to my records, you are not scheduled to be admitted to heaven. You go to the other place." The engineer was disappointed, but followed the path down, down, down, past the creaky iron gates to Lucifer's fiery abyss.

A couple weeks later, St. Peter found the missing log entry. The engineer was supposed to be in heaven after all! So he called Lucifer. "You know that engineer we sent you, that was a mistake. He's ours. You need to send him back."

But by this time, Lucifer was getting used to having an Engineer on staff. "Send him back? Are you nuts? You've got plenty of engineers up there. This is the first one I ever got. And since he got here, things have been improving rapidly. The gates no longer creak. Most of our heat is run into giant generators that power the air-conditioning, The remaining heat is run into hot tubs everywhere! We have cool water piped all throughout Hades! The network stays running! It's like heav--, I mean, it's great! Not only that, but the clocks now all read the right time; nothing is blinking 12:00, which drove me nuts! I'm going to keep him and there's nothing you can do about it!"

St. Peter was insistent, though. "If you don't sent him back, why, I'll sue. I promise you, I'll sue."

Lucifer laughed. "Sue? Don't be silly. Where are YOU going to find a lawyer?"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, OCR, jim mcnamara and 1 other person
The Engineer and the Red Rubber Ball
A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer were all given a red rubber ball and told to find the volume. The mathematician carefully measured the diameter and evaluated a triple integral. The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement. The engineer looked up the model and serial numbers in his red-rubber-ball table.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish and fresh_42
Doctor jokes ...

Patient: Doctor, I think that I’ve been bitten by a vampire.
Doctor: Drink this glass of water.
Patient: Will it make me better?
Doctor: No, I but I’ll be able to see if your neck leaks.Patient: Doctor, I have a pain in my eye whenever I drink tea.
Doctor: Take the spoon out of the mug before you drink.Doctor, Doctor, I keep dreaming of bats, creepy-crawlies, demons, ghosts, monsters, vampires, werewolves and yetis.
Doctor: How interesting. Do you always dream in alphabetical order?Doctor: Your husband needs a proper rest. Here are some sleeping tablets.
Woman: When will he have these?
Doctor: It’s for you, not for him.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish and OCR
Three doctors are in the duck blind and a bird flies overhead. The general practitioner looks at it and says, “Looks like a duck, flies like a duck… it’s probably a duck,” shoots at it but misses and the bird flies away.

The next bird flies overhead, and the pathologist looks at it, then looks through the pages of a bird manual, and says, “Hmmmm…green wings, yellow bill, quacking sound…might be a duck.” He raises his gun to shoot it, but the bird is long gone.

A third bird flies over. The surgeon raises his gun and shoots almost without looking, brings the bird down, and turns to the pathologist and says, “Go see if that was a duck.”
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish and OCR
Ibix said:
How many members of a social, ethnic, religious or cultural group does it take to change a lightbulb?

N+1. One to change the lightbulb and N to behave in a manner stereotypical of their group.

How many PF members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Six. One to change the lightbulb and five to argue about what is really happening to the lightbulb, in different interpretations of quantum mechanics.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Comeback City, CalcNerd, DrClaude and 1 other person
jtbell said:
...what is really happening to the lightbulb...
I'm sure the answer to that will emerge soon, after all, you are talking about... simple entities... lol ...:oldtongue:
 
jtbell said:
How many PF members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Six. One to change the lightbulb and five to argue about what is really happening to the lightbulb, in different interpretations of quantum mechanics.
How many PF members does it take to change a lightbulb?

No one knows. Since last time someone noticed it's broken, there have been multiple explanations why it's impossible to locate it and simultaneously get a hold on it, which proves it is not possible to change the lightbulb.
 
How many PF members does it take to change a lightbulb?

It depends. With respect to an observer at rest or with respect to the revolving lightbulb?
 
Indeed. I suspect @fresh_42 mis-spoke. While I am confident that only a small number of PF members would be needed under normal circumstances, I am less sure that about the number of PF members needed if they are at rest in a frame where the lightbulb is moving at a significant fraction of c.
 
uh huh

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14344905_1571946949780566_2568150112366914611_n.jpg?oh=320af17da93cb6d794d3cd67164b45f3&oe=5867D15E
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg and OCR
I hate it when I get stabbed with a Morgul-blade.

Then I have to get medicine from the elves of Rivendell and my health insurance does not cover it.
 
Psinter said:
Then I have to get medicine from the elves of Rivendell and my health insurance does not cover it.
You need to get elf insurance instead
 
Why are there no posts from apparently very important people here on PF?
I mean, I haven't found a single post from General Physics, General Math, General Engineering or General Discussion!
And why don't we have Admirals on PF?
 
light in fridge.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nsaspook, fresh_42, Sophia and 1 other person
this is REALLY bad ...

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14517377_319800775048236_2315196952775914869_n.jpg?oh=364d094081a4d86f3d1db1a22869e269&oe=58736A51

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, nsaspook, Borg and 1 other person