Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
davenn said:
this is REALLY bad ...

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14517377_319800775048236_2315196952775914869_n.jpg?oh=364d094081a4d86f3d1db1a22869e269&oe=58736A51

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm groaning through my laughing, or laughing through my groaning. It must be communative :biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and davenn
Physics news on Phys.org
:wink::wink:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/14432998_10155112462060476_8117483347922802860_n.jpg?oh=ff4c90d8851fa4583bb40eef1e37fcf1&oe=58766680&__gda__=1484637153_b9b35e6a30edc2510e8760d2f8b23b48
 
fresh_42 said:
Yep, got it. But you shouldn't tell when women are around.

hahaha ...
 
hahaha

drinking.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, Sophia, nsaspook and 2 others
How do you get down from an elephant?

You dont, you get it from a duck...I'll let myself out now.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, davenn, DrClaude and 2 others
"Everyone knows its not the size of the vector that matters, but the way the force is delivered."
 
Fervent Freyja said:
"Everyone knows its not the size of the vector that matters, but the way the force is delivered."
I'm glad you said this. :cool:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Pepper Mint and Fervent Freyja
fresh_42 said:
I'm glad you said this. :cool:

"Can I be the phasor to your electron and take you to an excited state?"

:DD
 
Is this the lame jokes thread or the lame pickup lines thread? :rolleyes:
 
jtbell said:
Is this the lame jokes thread or the lame pickup lines thread? :rolleyes:

Is there pickup lines thread? :smile:
 
Fervent Freyja said:
Is there pickup lines thread? :smile:
I can't help posting instead of just clicking 'like' :DD bhuhha.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
jtbell said:
Is this the lame jokes thread or the lame pickup lines thread? :rolleyes:
It's not lame to see mother and daughter playing in the same movie, it it ?:biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
Pepper Mint said:
I can't help posting instead of just clicking 'like' :DD bhuhha.

Can't help it, some more pick-up lines :

"I will fondle your vesicles while you caress my golgi body."

"If I were an enzyme, I'd be DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes."

Would these pick-up lines make you swoon, Pepper Mint? I wouldn't be able to stop laughing... :oldlaugh:
 
Fervent Freyja said:
Would these pick-up lines make you swoon, Pepper Mint? I wouldn't be able to stop laughing... :oldlaugh:
I think if I tried any of these lines most people on the receiving end would think I am the lame joke. Probably including the relatively small number of people who would actually understand them
 
Fervent Freyja said:
Can't help it, some more pick-up lines :

"I will fondle your vesicles while you caress my golgi body."

"If I were an enzyme, I'd be DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes."

Would these pick-up lines make you swoon, Pepper Mint? I wouldn't be able to stop laughing... :oldlaugh:
Yes, PepperMint couldn't walk anymore. :DD
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
Ibix said:
Probably including the relatively small number of people who would actually understand them

That's odd. PepperMint & I would enjoy that. Far more classy than the the lines we've heard before.

Reading posts on here that I cannot fully comprehend actually makes me swoon. Talk QFT to me and I'd turn into putty. On the spot.
 
Fervent Freyja said:
That's odd. PepperMint & I would enjoy that.
I did say "most people". And I refuse to believe otherwise without a peer-reviewed reference.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
I'm not sure if QFT has good lame pickup lines.

Something about excitations? Real vs. virtual? Propagator? Expectation values?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
mfb said:
I'm not sure if QFT has good lame pickup lines.

Something about entanglement, spin and double slits perhaps? I am already regretting writing this ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja and fresh_42
mfb said:
I'm not sure if QFT has good lame pickup lines.

Something about excitations? Real vs. virtual? Propagator? Expectation values?
"I'd love to study the excitations of your quantum fields"

"Can I apply my particle creation operator to your Hilbert space?"

I have a feeling I would be remaining in my eigenstate if I employed either of those.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja, mfb and Pepper Mint
mfb said:
I'm not sure if QFT has good lame pickup lines.
Can you put an upper limit on your uncertainty?
 
How about the answers?
Ibix said:
"Can I apply my particle creation operator to your Hilbert space?"

The expected lifetime isn't worth trouble.
 
Another one:
DrGreg said:
Can you put an upper limit on your uncertainty?
Catch me if you can.

Or: Hi, my name is ##\nu_\tau##.
 
DrGreg said:
mfb said:
I'm not sure if QFT has good lame pickup lines.
Can you put an upper limit on your uncertainty?
No, but a strict lower limit.
Pickup line uncertainty principle: We either know how lame a pickup line is, or how to use it. You cannot know both at the same time with arbitrary precision.
fresh_42 said:
Or: Hi, my name is ##\nu_\tau##.
"You won't even notice me"?
"Only your mom is massive enough to detect me"?
 
Borg said:
I find myself both laughing and not laughing at these. :wideeyed:
In other words you're in a superposition state which causes humo(u)r oscillations.
 
mfb said:
"You won't even notice me"?
"Only your mom is massive enough to detect me"?

leave my mom outta this hahaha :-p
 
upload_2016-10-5_11-39-11.png
This is a couple of TV program screen dumps
Don't know if you have this show in the USA or elsewhere > " Have you been paying attention"

The host in the top pic asking a panel of 5 local celeb's about various things from the week that's been news
there's always silly responses as well as the correct answer

I think the actual Q was in relation to the gravity wave discovery a month or so back

but the cheeky response is probably very appropriate hahaDave