Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
mfb said:
It can be. He made a new year's resolution, and it failed.
:sorry:hmmm yes

EDIT:something about the sentence disturbs me
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why did the hedgehog cross the road?
To see his flat mate.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, dkotschessaa and mfb
In "micro-chat" (going on right now), micromass said (roughly):
"I am at -273°C, but ... hey! I'm '0K' ! ..."

When I asked for permission to quote the joke from the mutual discussion, julian answered: "Absolutely!" ...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile in Australia.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and Stavros Kiri
There was a young man from Japan,
Whose limericks just wouldn't scan,
When he was asked why,
He said in reply,
"I'm not really sure but I think it might be because I always try to cram as many words into the last line as I possibly can".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, VrhoZna, Stavros Kiri and 2 others
A friend asked me "Whats so special about today?"
I replied "nothing, just Donald Trump evicting ANOTHER family!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and DrClaude
dkotschessaa said:
There was a young man from Japan,
Whose limericks just wouldn't scan,
When he was asked why,
He said in reply,
"I'm not really sure but I think it might be because I always try to cram as many words into the last line as I possibly can".
I have to quote my favourite "anti-limerick" due to W S Gilbert:

There was an old man of St. Bees,
Who was stung in the arm by a wasp,
When asked, "Does it hurt?"
He replied, "No, it doesn't,​
I'm so glad that it wasn't a hornet."​

And this mathematical limerick due to Leigh Mercer:

## (12 + 144 + 20 ##
## + 3\sqrt{4} )##
## \div 7 ##
## + 5 \times 11 ##​
## = 9^2 + 0 ##​

A dozen, a gross, and a score
Plus three times the square root of four
Divided by seven
Plus five times eleven​
Is nine squared and not a bit more.​
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jim mcnamara, Drakkith, dkotschessaa and 3 others
An Egyptian and a Greek:

E: Hey, great news from back home! After digging under the pyramids they discovered and found wires and cables, which means they had telephony back then!
[, so all civilization did in fact start from Egypt!]

G: Hey, that's nothing! No big deal. In Greece, while digging under Acropolis in the greek ruins, to construct the Athens "Metro" (US: subway, UK: underground), they discovered and found nothing! (no wires or cables etc.)

E: So!? So what?

G: It means they had mobile telephony back then! ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, EnumaElish, dkotschessaa and 1 other person
DrGreg said:
...

And this mathematical limerick due to Leigh Mercer:

## (12 + 144 + 20 ##
## + 3\sqrt{4} )##
## \div 7 ##
## + 5 \times 11 ##​
## = 9^2 + 0 ##​

brilliant ... hadn't heard that one before

Dave
 
Ibix said:
What is orange and hairy and comes back when you throw it?

A boomorang-utan.
And I could have sworn you've meant the new ...
(I got to stop watching too much news ...)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, EnumaElish, DrGreg and 3 others
Continuing my theme, what's made of egg and sugar and comes back when you throw it?

A boomeringue.

What do you call a cow that comes back when you throw it?

A moomerang.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
What do you call a Donald Trump speech?

Tweeting from the mouth.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and EnumaElish
Bipolar Demon said:
A friend asked me "Whats so special about today?"
I replied "nothing, just Donald Trump evicting ANOTHER family!"
Looks like he also evicted a whole bunch of jokes out of this thread during his inauguration ! ...
 
Stavros Kiri said:
Looks like he also evicted a whole bunch of jokes out of this thread during his inauguration ! ...
No, that was me. I didn't evict any actual jokes...
 
Mark44 said:
No, that was me. I didn't evict any actual jokes...
What?! Was somebody trolling the lame jokes thread?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Mark44 said:
No, they were jokes that didn't make it even to the level of "lame jokes."
Let the public decide
 
Why did the Cookie Monster visit the doctor?

He felt crumby.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, Stavros Kiri and Ibix
Swiss cheese has holes.
More cheese means more holes.
More holes means less cheese.
Ergo: More cheese is less cheese.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, BillTre and Stavros Kiri