Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
fresh_42 said:
Swiss cheese has holes.
More cheese means more holes.
More holes means less cheese.
Ergo: More cheese is less cheese.
I think there's a hole in your logic. :oldbiggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, BillTre and fresh_42
Physics news on Phys.org
Borg said:
I think there's a hole in your logic. :oldbiggrin:
The fun part is to locate it. Maybe it should have been a science joke.
 
fresh_42 said:
The fun part is to locate it. Maybe it should have been a science joke.
More swiss cheese is less swiss cheese ... [than it would be without the holes ...]
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Dr. Courtney
fresh_42 said:
The fun part is to locate it.
Trivial. There are several holes. I highlighted them for convenience:
Swiss cheese has holes[/color].
More cheese means more holes[/color].
More holes[/color] means less cheese.
Ergo: More cheese is less cheese.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, DrClaude, fresh_42 and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
And I could have sworn you've meant the new ...
(I got to stop watching too much news ...)
Yup..
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
How does the ocean get your attention?

It waves!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, EnumaElish, Ibix and 2 others
Just saw this on a T-shirt:

Exercise? I thought you said "extra fries!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Dr. Courtney, Stavros Kiri, davenn and 4 others
jtbell said:
Just saw this on a T-shirt:

Exercise? I thought you said "extra fries!"
You mean I have been wrong all the time I went to the Jim

Jim-Lisenby03.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: atyy, Dr. Courtney, Stavros Kiri and 3 others
OmCheeto said:
How does the ocean get your attention?

It waves!
How does an electron get your attention?

It particles.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, dkotschessaa and OmCheeto
The acoustician got back his paper from peer. It had been rejected. It wasn't sound.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, davenn, jtbell and 5 others
fresh_42 said:
The acoustician got back his paper from peer. It had been rejected. It wasn't sound.

Was it ear-reviewed?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Dr. Courtney, Stavros Kiri, jtbell and 6 others
On the Socks Symmetry Change.

When the socks become distinguishable into left and right, they are considered dirty.
 
Last edited:
"Knock, knock!"
"Who's there?"
"Police."
"What do you want?"
"Talk."
"How many are you?"
"Two."
"Talk to each other!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Dr. Courtney, Stavros Kiri and 3 others
Me: How much does it cost to send a letter to Washington?
Friend: Who is it going to?
Me: Washington.
*silence*
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and collinsmark
"Anti-Jokes" For some reason I find these lamely hilarious:

A horse walks into a bar. Several people got up and left as they realized the potential danger in this situation.

You mama so fat, she should be concerned because obesity is a serious problem.

A man walks into a bar. His alcohol dependency is tearing his family apart.

"Knock knock?"
"Who's there?"
"It's the police. There's been a terrible accident."

Why is 6 afraid of 7? It isn't. Numbers are insentient and thus incapable of feeling fear.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Dr. Courtney, Ibix, DrClaude and 2 others
Don't drink and drive? Says who? Look at me drinking this whole bottle of water and then drive to the workplace.

20 minutes later:

I shouldn't have done that. I'm stuck in this traffic congestion and I really need to go to the bathroom now.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Dr. Courtney and Stavros Kiri
What do you call a young male puppy?
A: "Son of a b..ch" :smile::wink:
 
Last edited:
Where do Texas longhorns make their last stand before being rounded up?

The Alamoo.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Ibix
Some ideas for Valentine's Day presents:

?temp_hash=a635342344cea36aa2a6bec4fc14791c.png
320px-Shoelaces_20050719_001.jpg
 
Attachments
  • upload_2017-2-11_18-14-50.png
    upload_2017-2-11_18-14-50.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 606
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, DennisN, DrClaude and 1 other person
8 dollars?! Why do you want 4 dollars if $2 are more than enough? Here, have $1 and don't complain.
-Employers setting hourly salary
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Wife: "the gynecologist said no sex for a month!"

Husband: "[agrrr!] WHY?!"

Wife: "because he's got a back pain! ..." :wink:
 
Sign on the lost-and-found box at the library:

"Dewey belong to you?"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045
...which reminds me of the venerable law firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe.

(Once upon a time I belonged to a professional organization, two of whose officers were named Dewey and Cheatham!)