Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
"Mummy, can I have some π?"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Physics news on Phys.org
A crowded bus starts accelerating on a downhill road. Soon the passengers realize that a funny old little guy is running behind the bus, jogging, ambitiously trying to catch up with its fast increasing speed!
Everyone is laughing, having a good time ...
One of the passengers in the back rolls down a side window and sais to the old man:
"Hey little old man, why are you running chasing our bus?! We statred peeing from laughing up here! ..."
(Old man:) "Oh you haven't seen anything yet! ... Soon you'll do a lot worse ... because I'm the driver! ..."
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ISamson and mfb
cheese factory.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jim mcnamara, Borg, Stavros Kiri and 1 other person
jtbell said:
That reminds me of something I learned yesterday: what do you call a grilled cheese sandwich in (French -speaking) Quebec?

Grilled cheese.

"Sandwich au fromage fondant" never took off.
That's because the crap on a grilled cheese sandwich doesn't deserve the name fromage. And additionally fromage fondant is a totally different thing, ask the Swiss! But a Fendant matches perfectly to it :smile:

Raclette2.jpg


https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette
 
jtbell said:
"Sandwich au fromage fondant" never took off.

not surprised ... it's quite a mouthful :wink::rolleyes:
 
davenn said:
cheese-factory-jpg.jpg
The Isley Brothers sang a song about all the different types of cheeses: "Some are bries".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Borg and Stavros Kiri
Ivan Samsonov said:
"Mummy, can I have some π?"
"Sure χν !"
 
Last edited:
jtbell said:
That reminds me of something I learned yesterday: what do you call a grilled cheese sandwich in (French -speaking) Quebec?

Grilled cheese.

"Sandwich au fromage fondant" never took off.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41323915
Talk about globalization:

I have to read an American post, referring to a UK website, to learn that I'm now allowed to say 'grilled cheese', which I didn't even know there was a french version for it! There I was, willy-nilly, talking like I was taught. Silly me!
 
Ivan Samsonov said:
"Mummy, can I have some π?"
Stavros Kiri said:
"Sure χν !"
Ivan Samsonov said:
What is χ ν? What does it mean?
I edited it putting the two greek letters in one word. Need more clues? [Greek letters (like π, χ, ν) are pronounced in different ways around the world. It's not exact but it speaks out a reasonable mommy's response ...]
By the way, did you mean "mommy" or actually "mummy" ?
 
Stavros Kiri said:
I edited it putting the two greek letters in one word. Need more clues? [Greek letters (like π, χ, ν) are pronounced in different ways around the world. It's not exact but it speaks out a reasonable mommy's response ...]
By the way, did you mean "mommy" or actually "mummy" ?

I meant mommy, I think i just wrote it in a local way.
 
The cheese paradox:

The more cheese, the more holes.
The more holes, the less cheese.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, DrClaude, ISamson and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
The cheese paradox:

The more cheese, the more holes.
The more holes, the less cheese.
You posted this before.
Here is a possible reply:

"The more cheese, the more holes.": True, assuming kind of proportional distribution of cheese and holes.

"The more holes, the less cheese.": With more holes, less cheese, only compared to what it would be without the holes ...

Otherwise (3rd): "The more holes, the more cheese" ... because of the "proportional distribution of cheese and holes" ...
 
Stavros Kiri said:
By the way, did you mean "mommy" or actually "mummy" ?
Ivan Samsonov said:
I meant mommy, I think i just wrote it in a local way.
This is the cue for lame jokes about King Tut's mummy...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
(usually attributed to Groucho Marx, but apparently there is some doubt about this)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, BillTre, davenn and 1 other person
jtbell said:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
(usually attributed to Groucho Marx, but apparently there is some doubt about this)

I like this Groucho quote:

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
(I used to work on Drosophila.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and DrClaude
Why was the stadium so cold?
Because there were a lot of fans.

One more:
Where do animals go when their tails fall off?
The retail store.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, Ibix, davenn and 3 others
Ivan Samsonov said:
What does the chicken say when it crosses the road?

Kokokokoko!
What did the chicken say when it got to other side in the shade under the palm tree?
KokokokokoNut
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Shreya Pandey and ISamson
Shreya Pandey said:
Where do animals go when their tails fall off?
The retail store.
It's right next to the second hand shop.