Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,522
The current "most unusual food" thread reminded me...
A group of guys went on a camping trip. They drew straws to choose who would cook the meals, and made a rule that whoever complained about the food would have to take over the job. Mr. Short Straw wasn't a great cook, but nobody complained, so he was stuck. After a while, in desperation, he took some moose droppings and stirred them into the stew when the others weren't looking.
While eating the stew, his companions looked at each other uneasily. Finally one of them spoke up:
"Wow, this stuff tastes like moose sh-- ... but good!"
A group of guys went on a camping trip. They drew straws to choose who would cook the meals, and made a rule that whoever complained about the food would have to take over the job. Mr. Short Straw wasn't a great cook, but nobody complained, so he was stuck. After a while, in desperation, he took some moose droppings and stirred them into the stew when the others weren't looking.
While eating the stew, his companions looked at each other uneasily. Finally one of them spoke up:
"Wow, this stuff tastes like moose sh-- ... but good!"
- 20,819
- 28,467
I used to put it this way:Borg said:Man is that ever true.![]()
There are always two things missing and missed in a SW project: A punching ball and a bottle of Cognac.
lekh2003
Gold Member
- 539
- 342
There are literal videos of people doing things like this and the assistants just start talking each other. They just converse with each other and say the most random things. It always makes me wonder what happens when their conversations begin to make sense...Psinter said:Cortana, tell Google to tell Siri to tell Alexa to play my playlist.
ISamson
Gold Member
- 435
- 150
This is a 200-page thread! WOW! Amazing. 1st post in 2004!
lekh2003
Gold Member
- 539
- 342
Actually the thread of Random thoughts must have been much longer if it was still one thread. The server apparently could not hold all of the pages.ISamson said:This is a 200-page thread! WOW! Amazing. 1st post in 2004!
Psinter
- 278
- 785
lekh2003
Gold Member
- 539
- 342
Found this on reddit.They get pulled over. Heisenberg is driving and the cop asks him "Do you know how fast you were going?"
"No, but I know exactly where I am" Heisenberg replies.
The cop says "You were doing 55 in a 35." Heisenberg throws up his hands and shouts "Great! Now I'm lost!"
The cop thinks this is suspicious and orders him to pop open the trunk. He checks it out and says "Do you know you have a dead cat back here?"
"We do now!" shouts Schrödinger.
The cop moves to arrest them. Ohm resists.
Psinter
- 278
- 785
So to get Gmail I need a First name and a Last name, eh?...
First name: Ethan
Last name: Ol
First name: Ethan
Last name: Ol
- 20,819
- 28,467
Let me guess: He lives in Bhutan?Psinter said:So to get Gmail I need a First name and a Last name, eh?...
First name: Ethan
Last name: Ol
MarkusBerg
davenn said:If your wrong and you remain silent your wise.
If your right and you remain silent your married
Lame!
- 13,926
- 16,804
A guy in my office has got his wrist in plaster. Most of us made sympathetic "oh no, how did you break it?" noises when we first saw him. Except one guy who, without missing a beat, goes "Mate! What's the craic?!"
(I am aware that there is some debate about the spelling of craic/crack in this context.)
(I am aware that there is some debate about the spelling of craic/crack in this context.)
MarkusBerg
Ibix said:A guy in my office has got his wrist in plaster. Most of us made sympathetic "oh no, how did you break it?" noises when we first saw him. Except one guy who, without missing a beat, goes "Mate! What's the craic?!"
(I am aware that there is some debate about the spelling of craic/crack in this context.)
It makes no difference to me
Psinter
- 278
- 785
I don't get it.jtbell said:What do you call Mr. Potato Head after he starts posting his videos on line?
A YouTuber.

- 13,926
- 16,804
lekh2003
Gold Member
- 539
- 342
This thread is called lame jokes, cut it with the sarcastic laughing (unless you weren't, which I can't interpret over wifi).Psinter said:Ahaha.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Dear Customer Service,
first I want to tell you that I'm writing this letter with my middle fingers ...
first I want to tell you that I'm writing this letter with my middle fingers ...
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,522
And for those of you who didn't get the other cultural reference in my lame joke:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Potato_Head
I had one of these when I was a kid. According to the dates in the article, it must have been the original version in which you had to supply your own potato, or rather, my mom did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Potato_Head
I had one of these when I was a kid. According to the dates in the article, it must have been the original version in which you had to supply your own potato, or rather, my mom did.
- 13,926
- 16,804
Well, at least the cop on the left seems to be laughing. This is unusual for coppers on duty, in my experience.
lekh2003
Gold Member
- 539
- 342
My phone was recently destroyed by an internal hardware issue and I lost at least 3 GB of high quality memes fresh from Reddit. It was a sad day.davenn said:
Last edited:
lekh2003
Gold Member
- 539
- 342
I backed up everything, but Google photos decided that my memes weren't good enough to back up.davenn said:not good
I don't rely on my phone for mass storage ... it's all done on the PC with backups
Dave
Edit: I was beta testing Google's apps.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
lekh2003 said:I backed up everything, but Google photos decided that my memes weren't good enough to back up.
I refuse to use anything that involved storage in "the cloud" whatever the form. I don't trust them
and you have further reinforced my belief that they are a bad idea
lekh2003
Gold Member
- 539
- 342
I have everything on the cloud for simple ease of access. I have several devices and the cloud makes it easy to access files from anywhere.davenn said:I refuse to use anything that involved storage in "the cloud" whatever the form. I don't trust them
and you have further reinforced my belief that they are a bad idea![]()
And cut Google some slack, they were still testing new features
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
no way I would do thatlekh2003 said:I have everything on the cloud for simple ease of access. I have several devices and the cloud makes it easy to access files from anywhere.
And cut Google some slack, they were still testing new features.
cut slack ... no way on that either ... they have been a total pain in the butt with all their garbage, the way they have taken over stuff
anyway all this is totally off topic ... let's return to jokes
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8

