Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Mark44 said:
And if they had one more leg, they would have 010 of them.
That reminds me, it's the time of year to resurrect this joke.

Q: Why do computer programmers confuse Halloween with Christmas?

A: Because
Code:
31 OCT = 25 DEC
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, jtbell, Mark44 and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Mark44 said:
And if they had one more leg, they would have 010 of them.
This is pretty arcane, but some C programmers and web developers might get this...
Hint: ##010 \ne 10##
010==0x08
 
DrGreg said:
Code:
true
I saw a chatlog somewhere years ago. Someone asked "1 is true and 0 is false in C, right?" and got the response "1".

Feel free to work through the possible interpretations of that answer.
 
Ibix said:
I saw a chatlog somewhere years ago. Someone asked "1 is true and 0 is false in C, right?" and got the response "1".

Feel free to work through the possible interpretations of that answer.

2B OR NOT 2B -- that is the question
TRUE -- that is the answer
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and collinsmark
:nb)
DrGreg said:
2B OR NOT 2B -- that is the question
TRUE -- that is the answer
Now that's a new t-shirt that I need! :woot:

Hmm, gussying it up a bit, maybe:

[tex] \begin{gather*}<br /> \mathrm{0x2b} \ | \ \mathrm{ \mathtt{ \sim} 0x2b} \\<br /> \mathrm{that \ is \ the \ question} \\<br /> \\<br /> -1 \\<br /> \mathrm{that \ is \ the \ answer}<br /> \end{gather*}[/tex]

Edit: changed the answer from 255 to -1. The answer of 255 works for 8-bit, unsigned data types, but -1 is a correct answer for any fixed-point, signed data type including the evaluation of literals.

Another edit: Good grief, now that I've changed my answer, that answer is kind of profound and a little disturbing. I think I'll not order the t-shirt. :nb)
 
Last edited:
collinsmark said:
Now that's a new t-shirt that I need! :woot:
Which version?

Gamer (Because there are 2 versions of Persona 2):

191919%2Cc_limit%2Cf_jpg%2Ch_630%2Cq_90%2Cw_630%2Fv1488899709%2Fproduction%2Fdesigns%2F1297753_1.jpg

Programmer (boolean):

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.3VReQUuvM3Qan-_B5f74MwEsEs%26pid%3D15.jpg

Programmer (regex):

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.stack.imgur.com%2FaJAcy.jpg

Bell boy:

2b_or_not_2b_tshirt.jpg

Logic gate:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com%2Ftshirts%2F10753_blacktshirt.jpg

Beekeeper:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.cpcache.com%2Fproduct%2F494209985%2F2b_or_not_2b_creeper_infant_tshirt.jpg

Writer's dilemma:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ozyZEIQ5YQx8vK8RMwGN9QEsEs%26pid%3D15.jpg

Too good to be forgotten (2G2B4G):

p%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2F2b_or_not_2b_2g2b4g_shirt-r8848cb7a6e92451b89b0c23ae0d61132_8najw_512.jpg

Sherlock Holmes:

tart.net%2F7eb6%2Fth%2Fpre%2Fi%2F2012%2F203%2F4%2Fb%2F2b_or_not_2b__221b__by_whodyathink-d586wku.jpg

Or the simplest international version:

com%2F2b_or_not_2b_shakespeare_hamlets_morbid_tshirt-rc342821f0126414683197a570a11d9fa_jg4dk_512.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 191919%2Cc_limit%2Cf_jpg%2Ch_630%2Cq_90%2Cw_630%2Fv1488899709%2Fproduction%2Fdesigns%2F1297753_1.jpg
    191919%2Cc_limit%2Cf_jpg%2Ch_630%2Cq_90%2Cw_630%2Fv1488899709%2Fproduction%2Fdesigns%2F1297753_1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 619
  • ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.3VReQUuvM3Qan-_B5f74MwEsEs%26pid%3D15.jpg
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.3VReQUuvM3Qan-_B5f74MwEsEs%26pid%3D15.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 595
  • ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.stack.imgur.com%2FaJAcy.jpg
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.stack.imgur.com%2FaJAcy.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 681
  • 2b_or_not_2b_tshirt.jpg
    2b_or_not_2b_tshirt.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 584
  • ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com%2Ftshirts%2F10753_blacktshirt.jpg
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com%2Ftshirts%2F10753_blacktshirt.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 706
  • ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.cpcache.com%2Fproduct%2F494209985%2F2b_or_not_2b_creeper_infant_tshirt.jpg
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.cpcache.com%2Fproduct%2F494209985%2F2b_or_not_2b_creeper_infant_tshirt.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 548
  • p%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2F2b_or_not_2b_2g2b4g_shirt-r8848cb7a6e92451b89b0c23ae0d61132_8najw_512.jpg
    p%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2F2b_or_not_2b_2g2b4g_shirt-r8848cb7a6e92451b89b0c23ae0d61132_8najw_512.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 592
  • ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ozyZEIQ5YQx8vK8RMwGN9QEsEs%26pid%3D15.jpg
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ozyZEIQ5YQx8vK8RMwGN9QEsEs%26pid%3D15.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 590
  • tart.net%2F7eb6%2Fth%2Fpre%2Fi%2F2012%2F203%2F4%2Fb%2F2b_or_not_2b__221b__by_whodyathink-d586wku.jpg
    tart.net%2F7eb6%2Fth%2Fpre%2Fi%2F2012%2F203%2F4%2Fb%2F2b_or_not_2b__221b__by_whodyathink-d586wku.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 619
  • com%2F2b_or_not_2b_shakespeare_hamlets_morbid_tshirt-rc342821f0126414683197a570a11d9fa_jg4dk_512.jpg
    com%2F2b_or_not_2b_shakespeare_hamlets_morbid_tshirt-rc342821f0126414683197a570a11d9fa_jg4dk_512.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 618
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, 256bits, OCR and 3 others
"Can I get an appointment with the doctor today? It's urgent... I'm shrinking!"

"I'll try to squeeze you in, but you might have to be a little patient."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, davenn, Ibix and 2 others
Ibix said:
Someone asked "1 is true and 0 is false in C, right?"
That is so, but also 3 is true, and so is -8. In C, anything other than zero is considered true.
 
I found out that "All cookies removed" sounds far better than "All cookies eaten".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and AlexCaledin
computers-website-website_cookie-biscuit-snack-internet_research-tcrn1913_low.jpg
 
Attachments
  • computers-website-website_cookie-biscuit-snack-internet_research-tcrn1913_low.jpg
    computers-website-website_cookie-biscuit-snack-internet_research-tcrn1913_low.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 714
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, Ibix and fresh_42
fresh_42 said:
I found out that "All cookies removed" sounds far better than "All cookies eaten".
Depends who ate them! ... :wink:
 
fresh_42 said:
I found out that "All cookies removed" sounds far better than "All cookies eaten".
Stavros Kiri said:
Depends who ate them! ... :wink:
+ usually, while the first one is being done I do the second ... (... the cookie jar cannot "hide in the background"! ...)
 
I seem to be having a run on doctor jokes this week...

Why did the doctor laugh when a patient arrived with a broken arm?

Because he considered it to be a humerus incident.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, AlexCaledin, collinsmark and 1 other person
A man runs into a doctor's office, tackles him to the ground, sits on him, and starts shouting "One! Two! Three! Four!"

The doctor manages to push him off and demands to know what he's doing. "But doctor!" says the man. "They said I could count on you!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin and Stavros Kiri
jtbell said:
I seem to be having a run on doctor jokes this week...
Here's some more ... for you.

I went to the doctor the other day. He said to go to the window, make faces and pull my pants down. I said, And that's supposed to cure me. He said, No, I hate my neighbour.
Doctor, I haven't eaten in 3 days. He said, Wow, I wish I had that much willpower.

I told him, Doctor, I'm depressed. Everyone hates me. He said, Don't be ridiculous. You haven't met everybody.

I told him, Doctor, I need a second opinion. He said, Well then, OK, Your ugly.

No Doc, last week my wife and I were mugged, But he took one look at her and said, Sorry man, and ran off.
Now she talks dirty talk during sex. Why just last night she called from a motel.
Doc, I'm worried about my wife, we haven't had sex for a month. Doc says, What, you too.

I went back several weeks later after I broke my arm in two places. The doctor said to stay away from those places.

I tell you, I get no respect.
Rodney Dangerfield
 
When I recently asked a doctor if he ever had a relationship with a patient, he immediately knocked me down. No humor these coroners.

Doctor: "You have only 10 left to live."
Me: "10 what? Years? Months?
Doctor: "9."

I have male flu. And my friend sends me alone to the doctor instead of ordering a priest to the bed. Heartless ...!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Ibix and jack action
... Late one autumn evening a man barges into the dentist's office flailing his arms and screaming, "Doc! Doc, ya' got to help me, I think I'm a fly!"
..."A fly?" asked the dentist. "Um, I think you should see a psychiatrist. I'm a dentist."
..."I know! I know, I saw the dentist sign in your window!" the man quickly shouted.
...The dentist shrugged, "Well, then why did you come in here?"
..."The light was on!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Ibix, jtbell and 2 others
upload_2017-12-17_10-27-36.png
 
Attachments
  • upload_2017-12-17_10-27-36.png
    upload_2017-12-17_10-27-36.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, AlexCaledin, collinsmark and 1 other person
25446173_10203769110464230_5959192660109303289_n.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 25446173_10203769110464230_5959192660109303289_n.jpg
    25446173_10203769110464230_5959192660109303289_n.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 729
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and gmax137
If your taller than your mum .. does that make her a minimum??
 
If your wrong and you remain silent your wise.
If your right and you remain silent your married
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, Stavros Kiri and fresh_42
Mr Smith gets his annual physical medical check-up done, when the doctor realizes that he has to give him the bad news (terminally ill!). So he invites Mr Smith in and gets right to the point.
(Doc:) Mr Smith, I am sorry, you're dying.
(Smith:) How long doc?
(Doc:) About a month.
(Smith:) Gee! Doc is there anything I or you can do to live longer?
(Doc:) I'm sorry, unfortunately no, unless ...
(Smith:) Unless what doc?
(Doc:) Never mind, I'm sure it's not a good idea, it's nothing easy for you to do.
(Smith:) But doc I will do anything to live longer! Tell me.
(Doc:) Ok then, here we go ...
1.) Do you smoke Mr Smith?
(Smith:) Yes doc I do.
(Doc:) Ok you quit that!
(Smith:) Ok doc, I will! ...
2.) (Doc:) Do you like and eat fat, sugar, salt, tasty food etc. Mr Smith?
(Smith:) Yes doc of course!
(Doc:) Then you quit all that!
(Smith:) But doc! ... Ok I will try.
3.) (Doc:) Do you drink Mr Smth?
(Smith:) Yes doc I do.
(Doc:) Then you quit that too!
(Smith:) Ok doc, in order to live longer ...
4.) (Doc:) Do you like women Mr Smth?
(Smith:) Yes doc of course!
(Doc:) You quit women too!
(Smith:) But doc!? ... Ok I will.
5.) ...
... ... (Quitting everything he likes etc. ...)

(Smith:) But doc, ... tell me. If I quit all that, will I live longer?
(Doc:) No! but it will feel longer! ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin, davenn, collinsmark and 1 other person
some Christmas comedy ...

Damn, not sox again.jpg


Doctor Xmas Tree.jpg
 
Attachments
  • Damn, not sox again.jpg
    Damn, not sox again.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 525
  • Doctor Xmas Tree.jpg
    Doctor Xmas Tree.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 587
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin and Stavros Kiri
Did you hear about the cat who swallowed a ball of yarn?

Nine weeks later she had a litter of mittens.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: stoomart, Ibix and davenn
What did pepper write in his holiday card to salt?

Seasons Greetings
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AlexCaledin and davenn