Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Mark44 said:
A horse walks into a bar.
Bartender: "Why the long face?"
White Horse: "Because I'm fed up with all the other bartenders saying there's a whisky named after me. It's all fake news! There's no whisky called 'Eric'!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Ibix said:
Yeah. They really need another stepladder cable-tied (!) to the side so it can lean against the back wall, for lateral stability.
Lol...

mad1.jpg


.
 
Attachments
  • mad1.jpg
    mad1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 827
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, Ibix and davenn
They showed us this one in safety training at work. The caption is, can you spot anything that they are doing right?

forklift-follies.jpg
 
Attachments
  • forklift-follies.jpg
    forklift-follies.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 803
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, BillTre and Ibix
gmax137 said:
They showed us this one in safety training at work. The caption is, can you spot anything that they are doing right?

View attachment 221979
Yep, the man who took the picture has been probably sufficiently far away. But in the picture: nothing at all, but the what's-wrong-list is pretty long.
 
Well, no one is directly under the elevated load (something I learned working on ships).
 
Man: Your makeup isn't looking good.
Woman: I haven't put any makeup today.
Man: Your Genetic Makeup.
 
BillTre said:
Well, no one is directly under the elevated load (something I learned working on ships).
Also, I think there are "this way up" arrows on the boxes which are pointing up. They're probably filled with boxes with arrows pointing down...
 
A man walks into a bar with a giraffe. It's swaying and wobbling around, obviously not well, and suddenly keels over dead on the floor. The man quickly turns round to leave, and the barman calls after him: "Hey - you can't leave that lying on the floor like that!" And the man says: "It's a giraffe, not a lion!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: rsk, collinsmark and DrClaude
What do you call a dumb atom?

A Boron.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and mfb
This is from another thread (I couldn't help not bringing it in Lame Jokes):
Mark44 said:
One day, Fred noticed that the faucet in his kitchen sink was leaking, so he called a plumber to come fix his faucet.

When Joe the plumber arrived, he inspected the scene, and began taking the faucet apart. After about 20 minutes, the plumber replaced a couple of faucet washers, and put the faucet back together. Joe then presented his bill to Fred.

Fred: "What, $2000 for less than a half hour of work! That's outrageous! I'm a medical doctor, and even I don't make that much money!"

Joe replied, "Yeah, I didn't either when I was a doctor, so I took up plumbing."
 
In post #4407...
davenn said:
another reason why ...
ladders.jpg

This actually doesn't look all that unsafe to me, provided that the smaller (blue) ladder is firmly attached to the long ladder. Most of the man's weight would be directed down the long ladder, and a small fraction of it would be the horizontal component directed to the side via the blue ladder. With someone at the bottom to keep the long ladder from slipping sideways, the system would be pretty stable, IMO.

Unlike the ladder on the truck held up by 2 x 4's (post #4411) or the forklift holding a second forklift in post #4414.
 
Attachments
  • ladders.jpg
    ladders.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
continuing the ladder theme...

tree-ladder-fail.jpg
 
Attachments
  • tree-ladder-fail.jpg
    tree-ladder-fail.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 857
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb and Ibix
If life gives you a lemon ...
... ask for salt and tequila!

I've bought lemons to fight the flu ...
... hope the tequila works.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Ibix
Ibix said:
As with many posts on this thread, although for slightly different reasons, I'm not sure the "like" button is strictly appropriate for this...
At least it contains a lot of physics: force diagrams, centre of gravity, stable and unstable equilibrium, torque to come, and in the last one also short circuits, free fall.
 
fresh_42 said:
It's only closed, can't you just copy what you need and post it, e.g. under Science Jokes?
Nah, that one definitely belonged on this thread. Anyway, you shouldn't let Borg jokes spread across more than one thread. Sci-fi techno-zombies can be hard to get rid of once they're dug in.
 
fresh_42 said:
and in the last one also short circuits
Yes, I was wondering about those cables in the foreground too. Power or telephone, do you think?
 
My guess is power lines, because they are so many of them and rather thick, but I'm not very experienced. Both are underground here.
 
Root beers are far better if drunk from a square mug!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, collinsmark, Ibix and 1 other person
Ibix said:
As with many posts on this thread, although for slightly different reasons, I'm not sure the "like" button is strictly appropriate for this...
fresh_42 said:
At least it contains a lot of physics: force diagrams, centre of gravity, stable and unstable equilibrium, torque to come, and in the last one also short circuits, free fall.
if you have never done it, and want some entertainment, google "ladder fails" the images and video clips are ... well OH&S would have a heart attack hahaha
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
64d.png


StackOverflowException :biggrin:
 
Attachments
  • 64d.png
    64d.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 829
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: rsk, davenn, collinsmark and 3 others
Ibix said:
That joke is impossible to understand without first understanding the joke in #4434.
This joke is a member of the genus canis. The species is called Canis Lupus Infinitus. Another reason to prefer members of Felis.
 
fresh_42 said:
Root beers are far better if drunk from a square mug!
But cube mugs hold more.