Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
Yeah, a bit bumpy, but I had to make it fit and it at least survived the Google translate test.WWGD said:Pressly, or pressfully?
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
This should go well with my triple-syllable sentences:Mark44 said:I can never remember how many t's there are in "sss ttt tuh tuh tttt er"
Map:
1)Will Diego go golfing ----> Will Diego-go go-go go-golfing?
2) The Banana narratives ----> The Banana na na-na narratives.
Common, no one else for triple-syllables?
- 20,819
- 28,467
Close. Fahrvergnügen.WWGD said:Fahrvernugen! (EDIT: Pleasure of Driving, I think )
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Danker gnugen!fresh_42 said:Close. Fahrvergnügen.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
Do shifting syllables count?
"Fee Fie Foe Fun! I see an Englishman!"
"Fee Fie Foe Fun! I see an Englishman!"
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
WWGD said:This should go well with my triple-syllable sentences:
Map:
1)Will Diego go golfing ----> Will Diego-go go-go go-golfing?
2) The Banana narratives ----> The Banana na na-na narratives.
Common, no one else for triple-syllables?
"The grinning grown gringo go to the green grocer"
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
More than 3 syllables alliteration:
"Great green Grecian grapes greet gritty grinning grifter Gretchen Green grabbing groceries."
[grifter = slang for thief.]
"Great green Grecian grapes greet gritty grinning grifter Gretchen Green grabbing groceries."
[grifter = slang for thief.]
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Muon on onions sounds like a terrible dish.WWGD said:This should go well with my triple-syllable sentences:
Map:
1)Will Diego go golfing ----> Will Diego-go go-go go-golfing?
2) The Banana narratives ----> The Banana na na-na narratives.
Common, no one else for triple-syllables?
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
Klystron said:More than 3 syllables alliteration:
"Great green Grecian grapes greet gritty grinning grifter Gretchen Green grabbing groceries."
Actually received a mathematics degree; but it only covers integers. Good thing I became a programmer. < zing! >
Hey Jude! School of computer science:
"1 and 1 and 1 is 3; got to code in FORTRAN 'cause the compiler's more robust than C ... Come together.."
Why depressed people like Beatles music:
"Sing it now: 'One + one + one make three..' ...Paul is DEAD!"
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
I specialised in 2676327775763267745677Klystron said:Actually received a mathematics degree; but it only covers integers.
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
Stavros Kiri said:I specialised in 2676327775763267745677
One day a year they let me call a hyperbolic trig function, but only up to a limit, and I have to return it in identical form.
Last year a spline accidentally broke the transcendental function. So, this year I only get to borrow a Taylor series. Shucks.
Last edited:
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
It is a prime number.Stavros Kiri said:I specialised in 2676327775763267745677
- 20,819
- 28,467
My neighbors love to hear me singing!
They just threw a stone through my window, so they can hear me even better!
They just threw a stone through my window, so they can hear me even better!
- 20,819
- 28,467
Christmas tree was yesterday.
Nowadays we call it extremely lightened softwood with religious background.
Nowadays we call it extremely lightened softwood with religious background.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Data protection officer at Google sounds a bit like disarmament expert at Northrop Grumman.
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
Privacy Commissioner at social media!fresh_42 said:Data protection officer at Google sounds a bit like disarmament expert at Northrop Grumman.
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
256bits said:Privacy Commissioner at social media!
Grade evaluator at Montessori.
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
Stavros Kiri said:I specialised in 2676327775763267745677
mfb said:It is a prime number.
{Joking OFF:} That is a beautiful integer! Is it Mersenne?
{Joke ON:} No, it's right there, see?
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
Yeah, you'd wish! ... It was mefresh_42 said:My neighbors love to hear me singing!
They just threw a stone through my window, so they can hear me even better!
I don't know about Mersenne but I surely would be a Mercenary at that price! (in $ or €) ...Klystron said:That is a beautiful integer! Is it Mersenne?
Stavros Kiri
- 1,148
- 1,014
And junk afterwardsfresh_42 said:Christmas tree was yesterday.
Nowadays we call it extremely lightened softwood with religious background.
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
Stavros Kiri said:Yeah, you'd wish! ... It was me
I don't know about Mersenne but I surely would be a Mercenary at that price! (in $ or €) ...
"Many merry Mersenne mercenaries merit more money!"
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
There is this TV show called " The Division". https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tv+show+"+the+division"&t=h_&ia=webStavros Kiri said:I specialised in 2676327775763267745677
What are the show titles ? Today, we'll go over 33/5?
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Thanks, those are fun too, but I am referring to consecutive equal syllables. There is a company in India called "Tata": Then we can do:Klystron said:"The grinning grown gringo go to the green grocer"
The issue was fixed thanks to the Tata Tax system. Ta-ta-ta
Or:
I will miss Miss Miss(Issippi). EDIT:
Or, as mfb's one : I will have a Muon On Onion.
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
I know a correct German sentence with six identical words in a row (modulo caps) - does this count?
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8