Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
Stavros Kiri said:
Better 1 than 28 ! ...
Indeed! As if we hadn't already enough nationalism in Europe.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Indeed! As if we hadn't already enough nationalism in Europe.
Lol
 
49831337_2033280360054165_2688384776921939968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 49831337_2033280360054165_2688384776921939968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    49831337_2033280360054165_2688384776921939968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 689
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, collinsmark, Stavros Kiri and 5 others
fresh_42 said:
Easy come, easy go! You didn't pay the ninth :biggrin:
I see 30567883th missing too!
 
davenn said:
I like semantic misunderstanding jokes.

According to the recording on our public transport if you let the driver know seniors ride free on Wednesdays you ride for free. Actual wording is "seniors ride free on Wednesdays. Let the driver know and you ride for free."

Sounds like a bad deal for seniors who can only ride free on Wednesdays.

The burden of context for an analytical brain lol
 
mfb said:
They can tell the driver about that rule every day, too.

There's two rules :wink:
 
mfb said:
The first rule doesn't say anything about seniors on other weekdays. On Wednesday the seniors can board the bus/train using the first rule, on other days they tell the driver about the first rule and board it using the second rule.

Or do it like Luxembourg...
Alright, but i really feel you just being a less strict bus driver :D My interpretation is if seniors can ride free on Wednesdays, implicitly they cannot on the other days. If I were a bus operator I would feel bound to restrict those seniors being able to ride free only on wednesday. Which is what rule one says. Seniors ride free on wednesdays. So if a non senior mentions the rule they can ride free, with no restrictions.

So you're saying it comes down to seniors, who on Wednesday have the benefit of not having to mention the Wednesday rule. I see rule two makes it a requirement.

regarding Luxembourg. I think a few candidates for a recent municipal election (our public transit is municipal gov) used free public transport as a hook. It's not wildly off for the city in spirit, Ottawa Canada.
 
If we go by implications and how the rule is meant then you can never ride the bus free via "the second rule" because there is no such thing. A strictly literal interpretation is the only thing that makes more free rides possible. A strictly literal interpretation allows seniors to have free rides on every day.
 
As a person of advanced years I am concerned about this apparent demand I travel somewhere every day and that has to be by bus! Couldn't I just stay at home trying to make up lame jokes?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Klystron and davenn
Plumber -Vs Electrician.jpg
 
Attachments
  • Plumber -Vs Electrician.jpg
    Plumber -Vs Electrician.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 879
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and BillTre
mfb said:
The first rule doesn't say anything about seniors on other weekdays. On Wednesday the seniors can board the bus/train using the first rule, on other days they tell the driver about the first rule and board it using the second rule.

Or do it like Luxembourg...
nitsuj said:
... semantic misunderstanding jokes ...
... ...
Sounds like a bad deal for seniors who can only ride free on Wednesdays.

The burden of context for an analytical brain lol
There's also the "singular" case where the bus driver is a senior citizen! ... He always rides for free! :biggrin:
 
They found a collection of uninhabited islands and named it after a dumb guy: " No brains atoll"
 
WWGD said:
They found a collection of uninhabited islands and named it after a dumb guy: " No brains atoll"
Or Nobody Atoll? Or is that Notfunny Atoll?
 
It's actually an optical illusion: Godel's Not At All Atoll.

I think I tortured this one to death.
 
WWGD said:
It's actually an optical illusion: Godel's Not At All Atoll.

I think I tortured this one to death.
Shouldn't you have said Escher is not all Atoll in this context?
 
One of my own:

Hofstadters-Law.png
 
Attachments
  • Hofstadters-Law.png
    Hofstadters-Law.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 830
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and davenn
Lord Nelson.jpg
 
Attachments
  • Lord Nelson.jpg
    Lord Nelson.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 488
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ophiolite, Ibix, BillTre and 1 other person
Giving away ...

dead batteries free of charge.jpg
 
Attachments
  • dead batteries free of charge.jpg
    dead batteries free of charge.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 662
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, BillTre, Stavros Kiri and 5 others