Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
53363005_10155925476216759_7301752232096038912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 53363005_10155925476216759_7301752232096038912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.jpg
    53363005_10155925476216759_7301752232096038912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 542
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur and Ibix
Physics news on Phys.org
53820998_2114836075231926_804374007909449728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 53820998_2114836075231926_804374007909449728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    53820998_2114836075231926_804374007909449728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 709
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, 256bits, strangerep and 1 other person
53545859_2113431552039045_8076150310332006400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 53545859_2113431552039045_8076150310332006400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    53545859_2113431552039045_8076150310332006400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 511
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Drakkith, 256bits, strangerep and 1 other person
F52AC4A6-0130-4249-8423-BD4E6000EEB7.jpg
 
Attachments
  • F52AC4A6-0130-4249-8423-BD4E6000EEB7.jpg
    F52AC4A6-0130-4249-8423-BD4E6000EEB7.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 570
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, jack action, DrClaude and 4 others
We just replaced dead trees by dead dinosaurs.
antisocial-bus-cellphone-funny-Favim.com-3673972.jpg
 
Attachments
  • antisocial-bus-cellphone-funny-Favim.com-3673972.jpg
    antisocial-bus-cellphone-funny-Favim.com-3673972.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 653
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, Stavros Kiri, davenn and 4 others
mfb said:
We just replaced dead trees by dead dinosaurs.View attachment 240284
Not really. The upper picture shows addiction (in its medical meaning), the behaviour in the lower didn't show such symptoms.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nitsuj and Wrichik Basu
fresh_42 said:
The upper picture shows addiction (in its medical meaning)
You can judge that from a single picture? How?
Is everyone who uses the time in public transport to e.g. read news or mails necessarily addicted? And if yes, to what? If not, what exactly made it possible to see addiction in this case?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and jack action
I don't know.
Some people did not feel right when they didn't get their sports score fix, funnies, or even the special advertising insert from the newspaper.
If one's a fixation, then both are.
If one's not, then both aren't.
 
256bits said:
I don't know.
Some people did not feel right when they didn't get their sports score fix, funnies, or even the special advertising insert from the newspaper.
If one's a fixation, then both are.
If one's not, then both aren't.
There is peer-reviewed literature looking into internet and social media addiction. Not for newspapers.
 
mfb said:
You can judge that from a single picture? How?
Is everyone who uses the time in public transport to e.g. read news or mails necessarily addicted? And if yes, to what? If not, what exactly made it possible to see addiction in this case?
This is an interpretation which I certainly did not mean. I was referring to a general difference between smart phones and newspapers, not to single incidents. And before you will attack an all quantifier I did not use, yes, it does not apply to everybody. However, my comment reflected a tendency and a significant difference.

Everyday example: I regularly have to separate my tutoring student from her smart phone before we can begin. I never had a similar experience with newspapers back then.
 
This thread is getting too serious. Got to bring it back to something funny:

54435063_2112237575491776_3139907060888502272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 54435063_2112237575491776_3139907060888502272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    54435063_2112237575491776_3139907060888502272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 409
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nitsuj, Ibix, davenn and 2 others
haha

flamingos pick T-rex clean.jpg
 
Attachments
  • flamingos pick T-rex clean.jpg
    flamingos pick T-rex clean.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 409
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Drakkith, nuuskur, nitsuj and 3 others
Yoda: "Dark the other side is, very dark."
.
.
.
Obi Wan: "Just eat your toast now."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and 256bits
55549723_2350629655003505_4930947370083942400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fham1-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 55549723_2350629655003505_4930947370083942400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fham1-1.jpg
    55549723_2350629655003505_4930947370083942400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fham1-1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 616
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, nitsuj, Ibix and 4 others
"Today I ordered my groceries for the first time online!"
"You sent me a WhatsApp that I should go shopping."
"Yep. Online!"
 
54233685_2244741172278993_4098675037031104512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd1-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 54233685_2244741172278993_4098675037031104512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd1-1.jpg
    54233685_2244741172278993_4098675037031104512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd1-1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 599
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, jtbell, Rive and 8 others
Ibix said:
Only just got that one.:doh: Groan...

I was silent for a full 10 seconds at least lol; produced a nice chuckle when I finally got it!
 
mfb said:
You can judge that from a single picture? How?
Is everyone who uses the time in public transport to e.g. read news or mails necessarily addicted? And if yes, to what? If not, what exactly made it possible to see addiction in this case?

lol I don't imagine "Don't read the paper and drive" warranted a campaign all in an effort to reduce vehicular deaths.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and Stavros Kiri
Ibix said:
Only just got that one.:doh: Groan...
..., and "de-cimate" mis-use by the press, for annihilate, is one I absolutely abhor o:)o:)o:), thank you for pointing that out to me one last time.
 
54264602_2124185914296942_7696571284078985216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 54264602_2124185914296942_7696571284078985216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    54264602_2124185914296942_7696571284078985216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 410
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, nuuskur, davenn and 2 others