Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
I worked with a German guy. One day someone told a joke in the office, and we all cracked up except for the German guy. "Stefan, don't you think that's funny?" I asked. He replied, "I will laugh later."WWGD said:Wow, a thorough analysis of possible meanings of a joke. Sorry if I ever doubted you were German!
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
After writing a report, including suggestions for improvement.gmax137 said:I worked with a German guy. One day someone told a joke in the office, and we all cracked up except for the German guy. "Stefan, don't you think that's funny?" I asked. He replied, "I will laugh later."
- 20,819
- 28,467
I assume the joke was simply not funny,which happens whenWWGD said:After writing a report, including suggestions for improvement.
- you already know it
- you saw the pun coming from far
- too stupid
- not funny
- at someone's cost who was present
- etc.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
You cannot make a more thorough analysis than this one!fresh_42 said:I assume the joke was simply not funny,which happens when
- [...]
- not funny
- [...]
- 20,819
- 28,467
It's always a good idea to place a tautology in an argument. It prevents you from being refuted.jack action said:You cannot make a more thorough analysis than this one!
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
SNL's Sprockets with Mike Myers is my mental image. Favorite German sitcon: Who are you to judge? etc.gmax137 said:I worked with a German guy. One day someone told a joke in the office, and we all cracked up except for the German guy. "Stefan, don't you think that's funny?" I asked. He replied, "I will laugh later."
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
It's always a good idea to place a tautology or an argument in an argument. It prevents you from being refuted or not being refuted.fresh_42 said:It's always a good idea to place a tautology in an argument. It prevents you from being refuted.
Mentor
- 38,152
- 10,759
Or not ...mfb said:It's always a good idea to place a tautology or an argument in an argument. It prevents you from being refuted or not being refuted.
- 20,819
- 28,467
"Why could Emmy prove her groundbreaking result?"
"Because she knew that Sophus didn't lie!"
"Because she knew that Sophus didn't lie!"
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Jonapun decided to rock the boat. His ship has sailed onto the sea of lonely people. Good luck fishing a new mate, Jonapun.davenn said:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 3,447
- 3,740
Little does she know, she's got a noether thing comin'.fresh_42 said:"Why could Emmy prove her groundbreaking result?"
"Because she knew that Sophus didn't lie!"
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
Oh, She must be a Star trek fandavenn said:
"Engineering to the helm! She’s breaking up, Capt’n, and can’t take much more!”
- 20,819
- 28,467
"I don't mind that you take our business vehicle for your visit at McDonald's."
"But?"
"Don't use our SAR helicopter again!"
"But?"
"Don't use our SAR helicopter again!"
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
"You told me if I put a potato in my bathing suit, I would be more popular with women at the beach. Here, I am wearing it at the beach and it's not working!"
"You're supposed to put it on the _front_ , not on the back of the bathing suit!"
"You're supposed to put it on the _front_ , not on the back of the bathing suit!"
Last edited:
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
On the Thanksgiving theme:
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
- 20,819
- 28,467
https://www.facebook.com/311842532684549/photos/a.336409800227822/662490277619771/?type=3&theater
- 16,097
- 9,306
I can see you brought home the Dalmatian. What about the mulled wine?fresh_42 said:View attachment 253503
https://www.facebook.com/311842532684549/photos/a.336409800227822/662490277619771/?type=3&theater
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
That is so funny! There is a local stand-up comic that just presented his new one man show: Dalmatians are huge in the countryside (my translation from french).
He does mostly one-liners and I saw an interview with him recently and he was saying that the show title comes from the joke that he was most proud of.
Now, you can find this joke easily online! That must feel like a D'Oh! moment for him!
Now, you can find this joke easily online! That must feel like a D'Oh! moment for him!

Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8