Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
ohm.gif
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, 256bits and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
256bits said:
There should be one for mathematicians on transcendental meditation.
Their resist having one.
 
A pun that actually has good advice ...

change people around you.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, BillTre, 256bits and 2 others
Try programming that one in C,
or have the AI geeks solve it.
Endless fun.:confused:
 
This 15 year-old guy tells a father:
"Father, I just had 5 hours of sex with the most beautiful woman ever."
"Ok, then say 10 hail-Marys and 5 Rosaries."
" No, father, I am Buddhist."
"Then why are you telling me?"
"I'm telling _everyone_!"
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jack action, Borg and davenn
Apologies if repeated somewhere in the previous 6606 posts.

"She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still."

Or...

"She was only a rancher's daughter, but all the cow men knew 'er."

Or ...
"She was only a welder's daughter, but she had acetylene legs."
 
Last edited:
Mark44 said:
"She was only a welder's daughter, but she had acetylene legs."
So long as they’re not toulene...
 
No, that's only in New Orleans and they have a school named for them.
 
Is there no "like" selection for /runs screaming from the room while holding his nose/?
 
Workers at the glue-making plant made the best of a sticky situation.
cc JBriggs444: Don't come back yet!
 
The jokes about horseradish
were pun-gent.
(Still, JBriggs...)
 
Last edited:
Double horrible pun in classical music festival:
Going for Baroque. Sebastian is Bach!
 
WWGD said:
Double horrible pun in classical music festival:
Going for Baroque. Sebastian is Bach!
Sure you want to brag with your incapability to pronounce "ch" correctly?
 
fresh_42 said:
Sure you want to brag with your incapability to pronounce "ch" correctly?
Anything, including mispronouncing for the sake of a (horrible) pun.
 
fresh_42 said:
Indeed! Btw. can Americans pronounce Jorge?
Probably in different ways. I know (some) Spanish so I would pronounce different than many. Why? Are you meeting with Jorge on your way bach?
 
Last edited:
I'm asking since the "J" is similar to "ch". I further assume that there are many Bachs as well as many Jorges in the USA. So why doesn't the Bachs work, while the Jorges probably don't change their spanish pronunciation?
 
Because in English ch is mostly pronounced as a 'k'. But the J is pronounced likeca light g.
 
BillTre said:
This one is really lame:
I wonder how often it has been copied, translated via screenshot, or encoded differently for other reasons to make the quality that bad.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, Wrichik Basu and BillTre
WWGD said:
Double horrible pun in classical music festival:
Going for Baroque. Sebastian is Bach!
I don't speak German, but I think the "ch" in "Bach" is pronounced similarly to how the Scots pronounce it in "loch" or how the Welsh pronounce it in "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch".

But back to mispronouncing it in a joke:

I think that Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that, in a future film about composers, he'll be Bach.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and WWGD
DrGreg said:
I don't speak German, but I think the "ch" in "Bach" is pronounced similarly to how the Scots pronounce it in "loch" or how the Welsh pronounce it in "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch".

But back to mispronouncing it in a joke:

I think that Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that, in a future film about composers, he'll be Bach.
He also did a take on Bill S's 'Omellette': 2B or not 2B .
 
WWGD said:
Going for Baroque. Sebastian is Bach!
Yeah, gopher baroque!

gopher.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Evo and WWGD
Have you noticed that in a symphony's repertoire Bach is more Offenbach than Offenbach is Bach?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Mark44 and WWGD
You can trace back Bach's Bachanalia to Offenbach's bachalaureate days.