Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
No wonder! There are no shrubberies so high up north!BillTre said:No knights allowed above the arctic circle during the summer!
- 20,819
- 28,467
It was not clear to me that the breathing exercises that women learn in courses before birth are really used when the children are in puberty!
member 656954
Schrödinger's cat walked into a bar. And didn't.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 13,438
- 8,110
- 13,926
- 16,803
It's fine if you order a side salad or something, but otherwise it's just the wurst.jtbell said:But I hear they have terrible service
- 13,926
- 16,803
This is not funny, and seems likely to remain not funny for the next seven or eight years.fresh_42 said:It was not clear to me that the breathing exercises that women learn in courses before birth are really used when the children are in puberty!
(I have a nearly-teenager, if that isn't obvious.)
- 20,819
- 28,467
Yep, it's one of nature's wonder how something can turn from absolute cuteness into pure horror!Ibix said:(I have a nearly-teenager, if that isn't obvious.)
- 13,926
- 16,803
I recall reading (in a New Scientist article, so treat with appropriate caution) that during the teenage years the brain undergoes a radical change in how it models other people. Which means that there's a window where they have neither a childish nor an adult notion of other people as anything really different from furniture. Which means they can become little [insert descriptive of choice here]s because it's difficult for them to conceive of why they shouldn't behave that way, let alone actually not do it.fresh_42 said:Yep, it's one of nature's wonder how something can turn from absolute cuteness into pure horror!
True or not, I cling on to it as a source of patience...
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
Ibix said:seems likely to remain not funny for the next seven or eight years
Mark Twain said:“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
You'll get the wurst either way. Wurst salad in that case (it's a real thing).Ibix said:It's fine if you order a side salad or something, but otherwise it's just the wurst.
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
Commandant: Achtung
Prisoners : Gesundheit
Prisoners : Gesundheit
member 656954
This is true, I tells ya...
Two baseball announcers, Harry and Pat, are carpooling to the field, and Harry, the driver was flying, doing about 90 on the parkway when a police car pulls them over. And Pat’s like, “Oh, you're in trouble here, Harry,”
Harry laughs, and says, “Wadda you mean, I'm a broadcaster for the best club in the league. I'm never in trouble, okay. You watch this. I'll get out of this ticket. No problem.”
So, the police officer walks up the driver’s window and asks, “Can I get your license and registration, please?”
And Harry says, “You know, Officer, I would give you that, but this is a stolen car.”
The police officer is shocked and immediately alert, so, he says, “Sir, would you mind getting out of the vehicle?” Clearly, he’s sensing something is going on, so he follows up with. “Is there anything else you want tell me?”
Harry comes straight back with, “Well, to be honest with you, I've got a loaded gun in the glove compartment.”
Now the police officer has his hand on his own gun, but he stays cool and demands, “All right, sir, can you come on out here, now please.”
And so, Harry gets out of the car. Then the police officer says, “Anything else? Because I'm going to call my partner now, so now’s the time if there’s anything else you want to tell me?”
Harry looks a little askance and says, “You know, if we're going to get right down to it, officer, I have a dead body in the trunk and I'm on a little bit of a timeline here.”
So now the policeman has Harry and Pat out of the car, and he’s going through the vehicle very carefully. As he is doing this, the other policeman comes over. Seeing the two announcers, his eyes go a bit wide as he recognizes them and he asks, “Excuse me, sir, can I talk to you?”
And Harry answers, “What is it, Officer?”
“Well my partner said that you said this was a stolen car. But it's registered to you. He said you have a loaded gun in the glove compartment. There's nothing in there but insurance papers. And he said you have a dead body in the trunk and all you have in there is golf clubs.”
Harry looks the cop dead in the eye. Then he scowls, “And let me guess, that son of a ***** told you I was speeding too.”
Two baseball announcers, Harry and Pat, are carpooling to the field, and Harry, the driver was flying, doing about 90 on the parkway when a police car pulls them over. And Pat’s like, “Oh, you're in trouble here, Harry,”
Harry laughs, and says, “Wadda you mean, I'm a broadcaster for the best club in the league. I'm never in trouble, okay. You watch this. I'll get out of this ticket. No problem.”
So, the police officer walks up the driver’s window and asks, “Can I get your license and registration, please?”
And Harry says, “You know, Officer, I would give you that, but this is a stolen car.”
The police officer is shocked and immediately alert, so, he says, “Sir, would you mind getting out of the vehicle?” Clearly, he’s sensing something is going on, so he follows up with. “Is there anything else you want tell me?”
Harry comes straight back with, “Well, to be honest with you, I've got a loaded gun in the glove compartment.”
Now the police officer has his hand on his own gun, but he stays cool and demands, “All right, sir, can you come on out here, now please.”
And so, Harry gets out of the car. Then the police officer says, “Anything else? Because I'm going to call my partner now, so now’s the time if there’s anything else you want to tell me?”
Harry looks a little askance and says, “You know, if we're going to get right down to it, officer, I have a dead body in the trunk and I'm on a little bit of a timeline here.”
So now the policeman has Harry and Pat out of the car, and he’s going through the vehicle very carefully. As he is doing this, the other policeman comes over. Seeing the two announcers, his eyes go a bit wide as he recognizes them and he asks, “Excuse me, sir, can I talk to you?”
And Harry answers, “What is it, Officer?”
“Well my partner said that you said this was a stolen car. But it's registered to you. He said you have a loaded gun in the glove compartment. There's nothing in there but insurance papers. And he said you have a dead body in the trunk and all you have in there is golf clubs.”
Harry looks the cop dead in the eye. Then he scowls, “And let me guess, that son of a ***** told you I was speeding too.”
This was told by Ryan Dempster on an episode of NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell me. Harry is Harry Caray and Pat is Pat Hughes, and even having read my reworking of his telling of the tale, it's worth listening to him tell it.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8