Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
WWGD said:
joke explainer
Even worse:
9ff0a860e0670131732c005056a9545d.gif

Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson for February 08, 1995
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, jack action, Klystron and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Patient: "Doctor, I have this song running through my mind all the time -- 'The Green, Green, Grass of Home'."
Doctor: "Sounds like you have Tom Jones Syndrome."
Patient: "Really? I've never heard of it"
Doctor: "It's not unusual."
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, NotGauss, BillTre and 1 other person
phinds said:
Patient: "Doctor, I have this song running through my mind all the time -- 'The Green, Green, Grass of Home'."
Doctor: "Sounds like you have Tom Jones Syndrome."
Patient: "Really? I've never heard of it"
Doctor: "It's not unusual."
Oh, thanks. Now I have this Delilah earworm.
 
20% off everythi
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Bandersnatch, jack action, Wrichik Basu and 6 others
Except animal food.

Sorry, German "insider" joke that won't be understood outside.
A large German hardware store chain (now bankrupt) had a long-running ad of "20% off of everything, except animal food". People wondered why animal food was excluded, but it was probably just marketing strategy - make people talk about it. And it did work.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn and etotheipi
WWGD said:
We should give due credit for this. Miami Herald has a similar headline:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article25161682.html
 
jack action said:
Baptism 2020

View attachment 263676​
That priest displays excellent shooting stance: proper foot angle, good balance, shoulders straight, both eyes open, elbow relaxed on shooting arm, firm grip on water pistol. Also positioned to duck behind baptismal if the baby returns fire. :cool:

Does he throw the salt like a sumo wrestler?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, Ibix, davenn and 3 others
Reading The Economist while eating breakfast this morning, I was struck by the following sentence: "A plan to reboot the Euro area was ground down to a budget of homeopathic insignificance." It then occurred to me:

Anyone prescribing homeopathic medicine should be required accept homeopathic payment: an empty envelope that used to have money in it.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: e_jane, DrClaude, jtbell and 5 others
phinds said:
Reading The Economist while eating breakfast this morning, I was struck by the following sentence: "A plan to reboot the Euro area was ground down to a budget of homeopathic insignificance. It then occurred to me:

Anyone prescribing homeopathic medicine should be required accept homeopathic payment: an empty envelope that used to have money in it.
A phrasing I have found strange is, often referring to famous people : " How was x as a person?" What else was x if not a person?
 
WWGD said:
A phrasing I have found strange is, often referring to famous people : " How was x as a person?" What else was x if not a person?
I don't find that strange at all. Hollywood folks are "on" in public, not so much, or not at all, in private. "As a person" means when not "on". I know exactly how that goes. All my career, I was "on" any time I went to a job interview, but not so much the rest of the time. EVERYBODY is "on, at least to some extent, on a first date.
 
Last edited:
Now that casinos have started to re-open, they're offering curbside service. You simply drop your money in a box and drive off. You don't have to go inside in order to lose it all.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: jasonRF, Bystander, Vanadium 50 and 7 others
Pacific Tropical Storm Amanda has now crossed Central America, and its remnants are entering the Gulf of Mexico. If it becomes a tropical storm again, it will receive the name Cristobal. Would this be the first transgender storm on record?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, WWGD and BillTre