Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,338 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Science Advisor
- 1,398
- 1,164
Text:
A man: nobody likes me doctor
Doctor: I see
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Science Advisor
- 1,398
- 1,164
o yes humor for native speakers onlyMath Is Hard said:No Sir!" says the string, "I'm a frayed knot!"
how I long to know English so good to understand such thing from hearing
- 13,926
- 16,805
I remember the first time I got a joke (almost) in real time in my second language. Everybody else laughed while I was still sorting out the grammar. So they all stopped laughing just as I started. Then they all laughed at me...wrobel said:o yes humor for native speakers only
how I long to know English so good to understand such thing from hearing
- 20,819
- 28,467
That works the other way round, too. I often read good puns which simply do not translate.wrobel said:o yes humor for native speakers only
how I long to know English so good to understand such thing from hearing
Keith_McClary
- 752
- 1,507
Translating Asterix jokes and puns: The genius of Anthea Bell (and Derek Hockridge)fresh_42 said:I often read good puns which simply do not translate.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8