Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Ivan Seeking said:
This is where up to hundreds of troops from all over the State, or even from all over the country ...
Or even from all over the world (the International Jamboree)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
main-qimg-127da7415b477019c3158335519eda23.jpeg
 
fresh_42 said:
And we are only just another any meal.
Or another brick in the wough ( which is the way ' wall' sounded to me in the song).
 
WWGD said:
Or another brick in the wough ( which is the way ' wall' sounded to me in the song).
Have you ever hears "horse" in English? To me, it sounds more like "hose".

I have recently recognized that I do not like any dialects if their melody goes up at the end of the sentence. The German ones included.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I don't think I realized that there is no such a thing as a bacon stretcher until the next day.
Well there should be such a thing.
Great project for third year mechanical engineers.
 
A review for an Italian restaurant.
main-qimg-4c2b729d234a72184475f3ea9f71718e.jpeg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: atyy and Keith_McClary
fresh_42 said:
View attachment 286973Why did I find that funny again?
Yeah. I was once happily singing along[*] to an album I hadn't listened to in almost a decade while I was cooking dinner. It wasn't until I opened the cupboard and discovered I had no cans of tomatoes that I remembered why specifically I'd gone to the shops earlier...

I love mobile phones. I write shopping lists every time I go to the shops now, and I don't leave my phone at home the way I did with stupid bits of paper with lists scribbled on them.

[*] At a guess, no one else in the house was happy with me "singing" along.
 
fresh_42 said:
View attachment 286973Why did I find that funny again?

When you need something from the kitchen, assign a melody to it before getting up. LOL!

I have often thought of how amazing it is that I can remember the lyrics to hundreds of songs at least. There seems to be a huge effect on memory when we put words to music. But then repetition is clearly part of it. Many of those songs had many hours of airplay. Not to mention...

It's the story, of a lovely lady...
 
Ivan Seeking said:
When you need something from the kitchen, assign a melody to it before getting up. LOL!

I have often thought of how amazing it is that I can remember the lyrics to hundreds of songs at least. There seems to be a huge effect on memory when we put words to music. But then repetition is clearly part of it. Many of those songs had many hours of airplay. Not to mention...

It's the story, of a lovely lady...
I remember a night in a cocktail bar after work in the '90s and they played a song from the charts which was a cover of a song from the '70s or something. Anyway, the guy next to me and I sang along. Then he poked me and said: "You must be careful meanwhile when to sing along. It is revealing your age."
 
fresh_42 said:
I remember a night in a cocktail bar after work in the '90s and they played a song from the charts which was a cover of a song from the '70s or something. Anyway, the guy next to me and I sang along. Then he poked me and said: "You must be careful meanwhile when to sing along. It is revealing your age."
The very first popular song I learned, a couple of years after it's release, was Puff the Magic Dragon. In fact I can still see in my memory the man playing guitar and teaching our nursery school class the words. And of course I do still know the words. I'm sure I could match you cover to cover for anything from the 70s. :H
 
I start to think of myself as getting old but I refuse to go down that path. Age is a state of mind and I need my hot young gf to remember that!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: strangerep and fresh_42
main-qimg-e4b1862a49edd85959d5a7fda8db7a5f.jpeg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian, Keith_McClary, Ivan Seeking and 2 others
jack action said:
I've started telling everyone about the benefits of eating dried grapes.

It's all about raisin awareness.
You need to get it on TV - try a currant affairs program.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jack action and Keith_McClary
jack action said:
I've started telling everyone about the benefits of eating dried grapes.

It's all about raisin awareness.
Did someone tell you to stop your wining?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb and Ibix
While reviewing the preparations for the siege of his enemy's castle, the prince visited the battery of catapults.

"What are you going to load the catapults with?"

"We'll use the contents of our latrines, sire."

"Very good. :cool: How easy is it to aim these things?"

"Not very. It's sort of a crapshoot."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, BillTre, jack action and 2 others