Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Twist: she dumps him because he's incompatible with her ISO-8601 preference.BillTre said:
Even ISO-8601 is stupid. The only reasonable format is YYYYMMDDHHMMSS with ##0\leq HH \leq 23.##Ibix said:Twist: she dumps him because he's incompatible with her ISO-8601 preference.
Indeed. The only unambiguous format.fresh_42 said:Even ISO-8601 is stupid. The only reasonable format is YYYYMMDDHHMMSS with ##0\leq HH \leq 23.##
No reason for any minuses.
It makes them more readable to most humans.fresh_42 said:No reason for any minuses.
Needs to also include Daylight Savings Time status. Otherwise, there are ambiguous entries every Fall (when our clocks "Fall Back" an hour).fresh_42 said:Even ISO-8601 is stupid. The only reasonable format is YYYYMMDDHHMMSS with ##0\leq HH \leq 23.##
No reason for any minuses.
GMT.berkeman said:Needs to also include Daylight Savings Time status. Otherwise, there are ambiguous entries every Fall (when our clocks "Fall Back" an hour).
Need to eliminate Daylight Savings forever. Problem solved.berkeman said:Needs to also include Daylight Savings Time status.
It works in the airline industry.WWGD said:I've heard of more radical proposals that time zones themselves be eliminated. Not sure how well that would work.
Frontend problem.Ibix said:It makes them more readable to most humans.
So do we permantly spring forward, or forever fall backward? Inquiring minds want to know.DaveC426913 said:Need to eliminate Daylight Savings forever. Problem solved.
Spring Forward first Winter day. Until First Spring day. Problem solved.berkeman said:So do we permantly spring forward, or forever fall backward? Inquiring minds want to know.
(BTW, I agree it would be best to not keep changing back and forth, but I don't know which of the two choices is best...)
Philosophers. Pfffft!WWGD said:I've heard of more radical proposals that time zones themselves be eliminated. Not sure how well that would work.
Then I vote for Epoch time.WWGD said:I've heard of more radical proposals that time zones themselves be eliminated. Not sure how well that would work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_timeWWGD said:Same as Sidereal time?
What about 12,000 years from now? Not very future proof.fresh_42 said:Even ISO-8601 is stupid. The only reasonable format is YYYYMMDDHHMMSS with ##0\leq HH \leq 23.##
